• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hopup Aluminum Color

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
I have seen some posts about how much you all like the green aluminum, but let's get a real thread going on what color aluminum is most wanted.

My thought is a hopup should look good on a car if you only have a few select pieces or if everything is done. So, if you only had front a arms in green I don't think that would like right.

So what is the most preferred hopup aluminum color.

Darin

camo

I think the green color like the one on the pics of the SC posted on anoter thread on this forum; That green would be awesome.... otherwise, some sort of titanium or somewhere arround those lines.

camo

purple os too baja..... and I bet the X family of cars will get strong enough with time to follow its own trend.

fat49f1

Contributor
And what does a color have to do with it , i don't care about a baja, i like purple.

Obeast44

Banned
Please God no purple or orange....thats been done already by HPI.

I would prefer a more neutral color like gunmetal, silver , or black.

I love the color on the stock anodized aluminum pieces. hint hint ;)

rob64n

Contributor
Here's my thought, I'm into the purple as well but let's fit the factory name the x series are going to be great and sporty. So with Redcat being a red cat and sports car are commonly red I say we try red. There's not too many if any red rc's out there.

rc-driver

I perfer silver, yellow or green colour

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
rob64n said:
Here's my thought, I'm into the GUNMETAL as well but let's fit the factory name the x series are going to be great and sporty. I say we try GUNMETAL. There's not too many if any GUNMETAL rc's out there.
There Rob I fixed it for ya :D

Most of us paint the bodies flashy colors anyway, why not use a neutral color to accent them...at least thats my thinking behind it.

rob64n

Contributor
Darn you guys, and your GUNMETAL.!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL. yeah gun's are made metal, now let's get back to the subject: Anodizing the Aluminum RED RED RED. Ok I'll quit. For now.Lmao

DemonRC

One thing you guys need to think about is what are the chances that you will get sick of the color and want to deannodize? Gunmetal get's really bland after awhile. The purpose of annodizing is to harden the surface of the aluminum so that it is more resistant to dents and scratches and also to protect it from oxidation. You can polish aluminum all day but after a while it will eventually cloud over. Eventually white powder starts forming. This is equivilent to rust on steel. If you ever deannodize you lose the protection.

I vote for a clear bright annodize.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts