• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hitec 5765 Doesn't Fit MT V3 Stock Steering Servo Mount

Shalako

So I upgraded my steering servo (5765) and throttle servo (5645) on my MT V3 and the 5765 doesn't fit the mount. The two holes on each side for the mounting screws are too close together. Any suggestions or do I need a different mount? Curious to know what you guys did with yours?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dreggsta

i have an xq 5040 servo for the steering. it's mounting holes are closer together as well like your hitec. i'm just gonna drill the mounting holes on the servo a lil bigger. woulda been nice if they woulda put extra holes in the mounting tab like they did on the other side lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

There is an aluminum mount with the correct holes. The easy way to take care of it is to just shave off the nub and drill two new holes. Very easy to do. No extra cost, just a little bit of time.

Shalako

RCDAD said:
There is an aluminum mount with the correct holes. The easy way to take care of it is to just shave off the nub and drill two new holes. Very easy to do. No extra cost, just a little bit of time.
RCDAD you have this in your store or a PN? Thanks again.

Shalako

Well I removed the nubs and drilled new holes. I have the 5765 in the mount. Now it seems the splines on the servo where you attach the servo arm is smaller than the stock servo arms.

Thought it was no big deal but the supplied Hitec servo arm only has small holes for linkages, etc. I attached a pic and you can see the difference between the servo arms. I haven't researched yet but do they make servo arms that fit the 5765 that connect the same way as the stock ones?

It's just one thing after another. :) . Makes it interesting either way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts