• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

here is my rampage

Deluge

Very nice. I know that pipe isn't mounted yet, but it looks pretty sick sticking out of the bed like that. Almost makes me want to try an MCD shell.

Heavy Chevy

Very cool looks pretty slick man! Well done. I think black body with the TT tires was a good choice :) It gives it a very 'show truck' kind of look.

mixmasterjay

thanks for your comments guys :0) im loving the new shell it looks awesome lol ,ive just got to figure out the exhaust , i need some 3/4" 19mm car radiator hose so i can mount it how i want it , im also going to dig out my carbon fibre supply and do somer mods with that too and maybe some cheeky aluminium plate somewhere :0)

cordy

OK very nice. Another tite ride Mr. Jay! Good show ! Could you tell us about the lights,what kit did you use or did you build them from scratch, and perhaps where did you get them?

mixmasterjay

Hi cordy , i got some light kits made up from a friend (http://www.kbleds.co.uk/) and changed them about a bit to suit the shell , they run off the square 9v batteries too and last well ive had them 4 months and not changed a battery yet , they will be modded again soon so i can get working brake lights by using a micro switch (out of a guitar hero guitar strummer) attatched to the servo ,so when i apply the brake the servo horn will touch the micro switch and make the connection to light the brake lights up :0)

mixmasterjay

thankyou mate , im really enjoying the build but it is taking sooooo long lol very limited funds due to not in work but atleast its getting built though lol , im sure you will find one soon mate

mixmasterjay

right update time , ive had to put the beetle shell build on hold for now due to no shed ,crap wet,cold wather and new baby so i can't do any fibreglassing yet , but i got hold of a 1/6th shell off a kids toy rc which is really strong but flexi too ,its a ford F150 shell , ive drilled out the lights buckets to put some led's in too which looks pretty cool , i will be doing some working brake lights too but need some red led's for that ( anyone ) , ive had to do some modding to get it to sit nice but nothing too drastic tbh just cut the bulk head a bit for the engine and exhaust and a little out the pickup bit thats it ,ive also grafted my 1/5 wing set onto the back too lol

right here are some pics

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts