• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

here is my rampage

mixmasterjay

Hi everyone i just thought id show you my rampage as it is so far , its still a work in progress with the shell and drive but i do have a 26cc engine with a stuffed crank and a 29cc bittet headkit on the way next week so quite excited about that , also ive got an fg monster beetle shell that im workong on too , ive built the front fenders so far out of aluminium mesh,paper mache and then fibreglassed over all that now they are super strong , ive just got the whole rear end to build + rear fenders and im also lowering the kickbaord level with the bottom of the chassis then blanking the inner arches up so less dirt gets in there , then i will be putting a couple of ram air dams in somewhere for the filter and general breathing , ive had to make some body post's up from 5mm threaded bar for the shell to sit right too also i can set the shell height that way too :)

so here are the pics

Pic-0051.jpg

Pic-0011.jpg

Pic-0013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mixmasterjay

mixmasterjay

same here lol i too love the bug shell not a clue why i just do and i got this one for 15 pounds off a friend, ok it needs alot of work but nothing i can't do at all , they are quite cheap over here 45 pound off ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280618167167&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT they also do the MT shell for 50 pound http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280619745623&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT , these are for the fg marders/monster trucks and all the fg clones but with very little modding they fit nicely they are also very thick fibreglass too so will take some punishment (hopefully lol) , if this one turns out ok i might use it as a plug to make others and sell that will fit on the rampage/blackout

mixmasterjay

you and me both mate lol i can't wait ,im very excited as its my first largescale too , the engine eill be posted on thursday the gears are comming this week so is a kill switch and more fibreglass too (can't you tell i get paid this week lol) just need a good exhaust and a new reciever for my spectrum dx3s and my other went up in smoke in the livving room a couple of weeks ago lol

i will keep you all posted on the progress and thankyou for your comments :0)

jay

mixmasterjay

righ a little update for you all ,ive been busy with the aluminium mesh tonight and got a rough shape of the rear end and rear fenders ,they still need tweaking and shaping a little but its nearly ready for paper mache tomorrow and then fibreglassing over ,then the sides will be lengthned about 4" and the side steps put back on to the level of the underside of the chassis , when all that is done i will use some auto bodyfiller to smooth out and do the final shaping of all the work so won't be too long now hopefully , i have also got the gears for it yesterday off IWIK76 :0) ,the engine is on its way and i have a mardr jetpro (i think) comming to od to fit somehow allthough i have been offered a baja 5b ss samba exhaust for it to so i might get that too

time for the pics then

P030211_2030.jpg

P030211_2031.jpg

P030211_2032.jpg

mixmasterjay

thanks heavy chevy mate , its getting there lol , but it may have to wait for a bit now as the mrs has just gone into the early stages labour so it will or might be on hold for a short while :0(

mixmasterjay

thankyou very much heavy chevy mate , nope all pains have gone now lol another false alarm lool she is now 10 days overdue lol , ive just shaped the mesh a little more and it looks a bit better now , i didn't really have to do that much to behonest either

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts