• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Grafil Rally build

Ol' fart

Getting closer

The undercarriage is done. The body will mount to it just below the doors and in front of the rear wheels, also low on the front bumper flare. Should be almost invisible. It's hard to see but the body sites flush with the bottom of the undercarriage. Back isn't cut out yet, I'll do that when the body is mounted.

xscrick

Banned
very nice, u should bend up sides for that lower plate, so when u bolt it onto chassis and put body on it,,, u can Velcro the sides to it and will help support body and keep dirt out,,,, that what I do on my 1/8th scale..

NUNCHUCKSKILZ

Wow Doug, I haven't been check'n out this thread enough. U have made some sweet looking stuff. This is a thing of beauty. I need to look into having you make me a front wedge for my upper plate to test out the 5 degree kick up on my XB. That would solve my issues.

Ol' fart

looking into batteries. Has anyone heard of Maxamps.com? they have a 4cell hard pack 6500 mah 150c for 219.99

Knuckles

Batteries

Ol said:
looking into batteries. Has anyone heard of Maxamps.com? they have a 4cell hard pack 6500 mah 150c for 219.99
I have them, not in hard case though. Mine are 4s 9000mah soft ones.

Check into kershaw designs. I know people here don't like him but I have great luck with his batteries. I have 2 sets of 4s 5000mah packs and they have been great.

TXflycat

Hey Ol'fart - any progress on the build? I was anxious to see that belt drive set up you were talking about....

Cheers

Ol' fart

Painting the body is the hold-up now as I'm out of practice. Haven't done one for twenty years. I just now got the belt drive parts in. That took 6 weeks...

While I waited for the parts and procrastinated about the color. I started a project to make Losi chassis for losi's and a losi sized chassis for the Redcat X line of vehicles. I have to finish that before I get back on the rally. I have decided on a color scheme and I think the crew at Grafil will get a laugh when the see what I've be up too. Anyway, with a little soldering and some battery box's I could test drive it.......

auto2

may be too late but i have a battery for ya! been testing it in my losi buggy.4s 75C 7500 MAH. i also have 3 used HK 4s 8000 packs if you want them cheap. they have 6MM bullets on them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts