• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Grafil Rally build

Ol' fart

Going to make an electric rally on my new chassis. 8c with a 2028 type motor. This is what I have so far. For size comparison those tires are 6.7 dia.

Standard layout with all the parts I make. I'll be testing a belt drive with this build too.

Ol' fart

1ST step

I started the build with diff housings mounted on the new chassis. The diff inserts are countersunk because there will be no bumper mounted to them. Added some extra threaded holes to mount the under body sheet metal. I bought a box of new parts a while back from Obeast44 and sure enough I found everything needed for the build. Time to screw it all together.

G

Going to be awesome!

G

I'll second that!

Ol' fart

Front end

The first pix is the body before final trim. That little block is 1 inch thick and that will be the final trim height. Second pix is the front end 1 inch off the ground. The body clears the shock tower by 1/2 inch, enough room for a body mount platform attached to the shock tower and 1/2 inch of foam for the body to rest on. Going to cut an inch off the springs as they are way to stiff at this height.

G

Ol' fart

ride height set

Front shocks all around, springs cut to match ride height

I've seen some road cars use a dense foam behind there body's in the front and back for hidden bumpers, anybody know what that stuff is called?

G

I've seen some road cars use a dense foam behind there body's in the front and back for hidden bumpers, anybody know what that stuff is called?
I believe it's just closed cell foam.

teedog12

Ol said:
Front shocks all around, springs cut to match ride heightI've seen some road cars use a dense foam behind there body's in the front and back for hidden bumpers, anybody know what that stuff is called?
Man that looks sweet!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.