• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

going for the lipo

MIKEspoon

Ok so I was looking into servos and just decided to go hight power and servos and just do it right and once!.. gonna go for the Lipo. What servos would best fit this application and should I do the micro splitter and direct wire them? I know rcdad had a thread and I'm pretty sure that's the way I'm going. I'm running stock radio if that has any effect on the matter. Thanks guys..

G

I still recomend the micro splitter. It's nicer than Y splitters. The direct wiring keeps the amperage out of the receiver. The stock (flysky) receivers seem to do fine on 7.4v.

MIKEspoon

Thanks a lot rcdad (haha for lack of a better name). Time to click purchase of a few items.. retail therapy after a work week from hell

MIKEspoon

So do u have any idea what this might be. I turn my wheels right to left on the remote and the steering servo has full movement but my wheels would only turn 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

G

Is the servo saver nut missing?

The X- series has a wire sized link that connects the two bell cranks it could have popped out or bent.

d54bd14eab201319073bdaeaeb37f20e_zps242bb062.jpg

MIKEspoon

That's all there.. took it all apart. Checked bearing at the bottom of the servo nut and tightened the nut itself.. I believe I seen something back pop off when my friend hit the curb but seems fine. Well abreast on the nut side. Gotta check the other. Wire is in.

G

I would unhook just the servo arm and manually steer the wheels back and fourth to look for anything binding or not up to par.

MIKEspoon

Will do tomorrow. The girl is sleeping in the room Haaa, she wouldn't appreciate it. I gotta find out how to upload pics, I made my own stand last week. Less then 20$

G

MIKEspoon said:
Will do tomorrow. The girl is sleeping in the room Haaa, she wouldn't appreciate it. I gotta find out how to upload pics, I made my own stand last week. Less then 20$
Get a free photo bucket act. Easiest way to post full pics. You just paste the image code into the body of the forum. It will show up as a pic.

Kaz the Minotaur

I agree with the direct power of the servos but I'm not following you on the micro splitter. Why not just remove the + and - wires from each servo plug and wire them parallell onto your power source?

Where did you hear about the FlySky RX being able to handle 7.4V? I'd like to do that and eliminate my BEC.

RCDAD said:
I still recomend the micro splitter. It's nicer than Y splitters. The direct wiring keeps the amperage out of the receiver. The stock (flysky) receivers seem to do fine on 7.4v.

G

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I agree with the direct power of the servos but I'm not following you on the micro splitter. Why not just remove the + and - wires from each servo plug and wire them parallell onto your power source?Where did you hear about the FlySky RX being able to handle 7.4V? I'd like to do that and eliminate my BEC.
The micro splitter just gives multiple connections. The XBE only has the one servo, but if you wanted lights, fans, or whatever, it gives a place to hook up.

I ran my FS receiver on the 7.4v it did fine. I now have my R614FF on it and it does fine also.

Keep in mind also after fully charging that KRC lipo receiver pack it's actually around 8+ volts. Still no problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts