• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gasket

chrisscott961

Hi I have the stock xb engine and it keeps blowing through the cylinder gasket has anyone used copper gasket or had any problems with the copper.

alfred e numan

is your engine a 2 bolt? this is the amount of bolts - screws that anchor the cyclnder to the lower engine cases.-- If it is a 2 bolt-- i have had pretty good results with Daves Discount Motors--its a r-c company in Utah. He sells gaskets that have a stainless steel core coated on both outer surfaces with graphite. not too bad a price either. I suggest ordering 2 or 3 because in shipping the graphite sonetimes rubs off. use the best one of the bunch. install- run the engine a little bit on a stand, let it cool, retighten. I did this to a CY 29cc engine. must have ran 4 gallons of fuel tru the engine and its not leaking yet. chances are-- the bare copper gasket will leak more than the stock paper gasket. tried all kinds of sealants also. go for the graphite coated ones. if its a 2 bolt motor.

chrisscott961

alfred e numan said:
is your engine a 2 bolt? this is the amount of bolts - screws that anchor the cyclnder to the lower engine cases.-- If it is a 2 bolt-- i have had pretty good results with Daves Discount Motors--its a r-c company in Utah. He sells gaskets that have a stainless steel core coated on both outer surfaces with graphite. not too bad a price either. I suggest ordering 2 or 3 because in shipping the graphite sonetimes rubs off. use the best one of the bunch. install- run the engine a little bit on a stand, let it cool, retighten. I did this to a CY 29cc engine. must have ran 4 gallons of fuel tru the engine and its not leaking yet. chances are-- the bare copper gasket will leak more than the stock paper gasket. tried all kinds of sealants also. go for the graphite coated ones. if its a 2 bolt motor.
It's a 2 bolt can you plz send me a link to the gasket if possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts