• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gas/Oil Mix question...

416pnoy

Got a brand new Rampage XT, coming from 1/8 Nitro truggy and totally lovin' this 1/5 scale gas toy... now comes the questions=)

I was told by my Redcat dealer to use a 5 ltr. gas can and mix with the Panolin Oil he sold me along with the Rampage XT. The Panolin Oil I bought is a 1ltr and cost about $39. This oil has a much thicker viscousity compared to a regular 2 stroke oils, did some researching and its used by Ducati Motors ( just wanted the best thats why I bought it)

Now the mixture is suppose to be 25:1 ratio, thats 40ml per 1ltr. or 200 ml of oil per 5ltr.

So far Ive done two tanks with the XT. One tank I just started it and let it idle. Second tank I let it run with 20% throttle.

First Q....

I try to let the gas empty completely, gas tank is empty and primer bulb starts to bubble and gas slowly decreases but as it happens I noticed a smoke coming from the stock gearplate. Could it be the stock plastic gearplate (yes it smells like plastic).

Second Q....

Panolin is soppuse to be a high end 2 stroke oil, much thicker than regular ones, since I already have it and don't wanna waste it by throwing it away how much should I be putting per tank?

I was told by the dealer to use the redcap of the oil and measure out 2/3 thats (5ml using a syringe) to a 94 octane gas in a 5 ltr gascan...

Basically I don't wanna waste the Panolin Oil I already have, was he right about using that amount with a 94octane? (PetroCanada)

After break in can I use 91-94 octane and whats the best 2 stroke oil for it?

If anyone can help please provide the Oil brand and measurement by ml per liter..... (e.g. 40ml/1ltr or 200ml/5ltr)

Thanx in advance

cordy

Yes your mixture ratio is correct.Use a 1 liter can and mix your oil and petrol in that not by the tank full.Go to your local motorcycle shop and purchase some 2 cycle oil,and you will not be waseting your panolin.You don't have to let it idle for break in just drive around like a sane person for a couple of tanks the engine will wake up around the 5th tank.Vent your tank.Make shure you have a kill switch and don't use the fail safe in the radio. A kill wsitch will shut off the engine rom the radio in case of a misshap,a fail safe will not shut the engine off. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Agreed....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.