• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FS-GT3B 3 Channel Radio

angryrecords

It is possible that I may be wrong also cordy about the binding, you may have it binded corectly I wont be sure till I put the other receiver in one of my nitros with reverse. Keep in mind when I put the receiver in, I was useing it on an electric, so it is possible that when I shut the radio off it revs up the throttle maybe cuz I have no breaks on the electric haha I don't know. I will let ya know when I put one of these receivers in a nitro soon though. Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with it on my end, it's a sweet radio for the price and well worth the money if your going to run 10 models in the backyard. As far as racing I'm not sure how it handles up to being around other radios. I will run the minis with it though because it's perfect for that. Glad I know how to work the buttons now, haha

yknotrc

Here is a link to down load a manual in pdf! :)

http://site.hobbypartz.com/manual/FS-GT3B-Manual.pdf

I have a couple of these radios and so far no issues,they have much better range then my spectrum DX3,my DX3 a older model I purchased it in 2006.

Once you bind two or more receivers to it it will address all of them no matter what model you have it set to but lets say you have the radio set to run model #1 and you try to control model #2 it will control model #2 but it will use the settings stored for model for #1

So if model #1 is selected and lets say you had set the steering servo set to reverse and and you try to control model #2 that had the the servo set normal it will reverse it. Hope this makes sense the way I explained it!

when you turn on a 2.4 radio it is supposed to check the channels being used and pick a open freq. it works great most of the time but over the years I have seen issues with all of them spectrum ,futaba nomidio etc.

When I first got my Spectrum I had all sorts of problems trying to run it in my 57 magnum boat,sent it back like 3 times only to have it with the same issues! Mind you this Radio was approx. $250 at that time,I was able to run it by moving the rec. out of the Radio box and mount it on the transom to get more of the ant. out of the boat and also by using a Y harness to power the steering servo. I still have this radio but prefer to use the GT3B.s

These things seem to be more sensitive to Battery voltage then the older fm`s were so I always make sure to have full charged trans. and rec. batts. :)

fluxn81

I've had this tx for a awhile and haven't found a failsafe. Does it have one?

angryrecords

thanks for the manual link, less searching i have to do, haha for a value radio, I'd say this is an excellent deal. So I had to check this again and when I turned off the radio first and the car goes into full throttle it goes into throttle in full reverse so that may be a good indacation that the fail safe is working cuz I belive if it was a nitro that would go straight to the breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

fluxn81

yknotrc said:
Yes it does page 24 of the manual explains out to set it up! :) I would run a Kill switch as well though!
Thanks, but I only use it for my smaller scale rc cars so I'm good with just the failsafe.

Bill_G

Demon, as you said already, I would try rebinding both radios. The thread on RC Tech has a lot of info on these. A couple people mentioned weird things happening then rebind and problem went away.

You can set the fail safe anywhere you like. If using with an esc probably best to set at neutral.

cordy

Ok I checked my spektrum dx3c. I put my model 1 (xb) on the bench ,turned on the transmitter selected model 1(xb) turned on the reciever and everything worked. Turned off the reciever.Put the nutech on the bench (model 2) turned on the reciever,the trans mitter still on model 1, it would not control model 2.

Obeast44

Banned
My old DX3.0 does the same as the GT3b, maybe Spektrum has recently changed things. Its not a big deal just remember to turn the other model off :D

angryrecords

not my favorite radio but it works - kinda haha

ok cordy I stand corrected on this radio, it worked fine for the mini lst2 but when I hooked it up to my 8 and fired it up it rev the engine up very very high and very hot so thats not cool, haha I will use it on the minis and thats about it. I am happy with my spektrum radios, perhaps there is a way to fix it but I am not going to spend any more time on considering the throttle trim is down all the way.

csp1971

Contributor
Plug it right into channel 3 on the receiver. The switch on the radio grip/handle will turn it on and off. It should be plug and play.

twinmill57

ok thanks i will try that, the only reason i asked is the spectrum radio i have it said you had to do a few things to get it to work, and i could never get it to work so i got this radio to make sure i did not get a defective unit from Kill bee

XBENOOB

I have proof that the low battery warning work on this radio...

I forgot to turn off the radio after a run... and 12 hours later (@2:30am :eek: )... the alarm goes off..

It woke up the entire house... Sounded like the alarm you get when your Back up UPS on your computers switches from household current to batteries..

Anyway... If your battery voltage drops to below 9.2v.. the Alarm will sound...

Not the way I wanted to find out .... But.... No one to blame but myself...

The wife got to use her special pet name for me again .... "Fumb Duck"... lol

Mycbr6rr

csp1971 said:
mjp- I just ran mine today for the first time out in a very large field. I was able to get it very far away...tons further than my Spektrum (which would glitch at 25 yards away) and the same distance as my Futaba without issue. I didn't have any jittery servos or anything. The kill switch did exactly as it was supposed to. I tested it out, worked flawlessly. I wonder if you just got a bad radio? Check to make sure you don't have any bare wires along the servo. Aside from that, I'm not sure what else it could be. Let me know what happens when you get your 5SC kit. I'd be curious to know if you still have an issue.

I definitely will buy some more receivers for this radio. The adjustments are easy to do and I like the feel of the radio in my hand.
I tried a Spectrum once ,never again it also had about a 25 yard range ,they suck,the Flysky is awesome ,I'm going to be getting the IT4 soon

Mycbr6rr

cordy said:
I also had a problem with my gt3b. I had one of thier recievers in my xb and another one of thier recievers in my nutech. Model 1 was the xb and model 2 was the nutech.When I was on model one it would also control model 2. So that being said I gave it to my adult son with the two recievers and I switched to a spektrum dx3c and have had no problems yet.
The GT3B will control your other vehicles if you leave it on any one of the model memory's but the settings is what it remembers for each model you ran ,I ran a gasser boat and a baja and a nitro on mine and if I left it on channel 1 for my baja it would also control my other vehicles. It's not a malfunction .

G

Sure does.

The Futaba I have holds 40. I'm try'n my best to fill it up. I have a long way to go..... LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts