• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FS-GT3B 3 Channel Radio

mjp777

It was the plug. I got the plugs today installed, and fired it up and no more issues. I tested with the Fly Sky branded 3 channel reciever and the Redcat branded 3 channel reciever I got with my MT V3. Both worked just fine. The only issue I have is extending the top of the stock cage to accomodate the new plug. It is probably an inch taller. The truck was still screwed to the saw horse at the time. I will range test it this afternoon if I get the chance. Thanks for all of the suggestions and help :) . Cant wait to go out and run it!!!

Mike

csp1971

Contributor
mjp777 said:
It was the plug. I got the plugs today installed, and fired it up and no more issues. I tested with the Fly Sky branded 3 channel reciever and the Redcat branded 3 channel reciever I got with my MT V3. Both worked just fine. The only issue I have is extending the top of the stock cage to accomodate the new plug. It is probably an inch taller. The truck was still screwed to the saw horse at the time. I will range test it this afternoon if I get the chance. Thanks for all of the suggestions and help :) . Cant wait to go out and run it!!!
Mike
Receiver plug?

I'm glad you have it going now with no issues.

I'm on my 4th tank on my XB and FS radio. So far, not a glitch. Great radio. I'm going to order another and a few extra receivers. I've had it out farther than my Spektrum could ever get without glitching and no problems whatsoever.

mjp777

Sorry :) When i said plug i meant the spark plug. I have had my TT Running great with it for 2 tanks now. I keep breaking suspension arms but think i have a fix for that. The metal is super cheap. I am going to try and get to the hardware store today to get threaded steel pins for it and see how those run. I really haven't beat on it at all. I have broken 3 this week. Have some spares to keep me going until I find a more permanent solution. Should be breaking in the 5SC this week with the same radio I will post up with results. I will be ordering another and receivers as well. For 35 bucks it couldn't hurt to have a spare :)

csp1971

Contributor
mjp777 said:
Sorry :) When i said plug i meant the spark plug. I have had my TT Running great with it for 2 tanks now. I keep breaking suspension arms but think i have a fix for that. The metal is super cheap. I am going to try and get to the hardware store today to get threaded steel pins for it and see how those run. I really haven't beat on it at all. I have broken 3 this week. Have some spares to keep me going until I find a more permanent solution. Should be breaking in the 5SC this week with the same radio I will post up with results. I will be ordering another and receivers as well. For 35 bucks it couldn't hurt to have a spare :)
Hobbypartz has the receivers and transmitters in again. Just ordered 2 extra receivers.

mjp777

Tested it in my 5SC SS today. Went very well. I could get it far enough out that i could not tell which way i was facing :) Maybe it was 120 to 15 yards? I am not an excellent judge of distance with no reference points. My Rampage is laid up for now. Broke 2 more upper suspension arms. Snapped the turnbuckel in two. When looking at options I decided to try and replace them with M7 Threaded rod. I am in the process of doing this. I ordered another FS-GT3B so i can run both of these at the same time.

Triggerman77

Contributor
I ordered one of these last night. and a couple of extra receivers :D

Glad i seen this makes me feel better I was kinda skeptical!!

cordy

Mine came today with 5 recievers.Totally impressed for the buck`s. I bought 5 recivers and they binded easily. Me being 67 years old and computer illitreate,any of you guy`s running the fly sky get the simulator to work ? I am using windows 7 and when I plug in the usb cord it blinks but does nothing. Perhaps it`s not compatible with windows 7 ? I checked my hard drives but nothing shows up. Guess one cannot have the world for $35. Iam sticking with my story, its worth the bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjp777

Cordy I read it comes with the cable but not the software. I have not tried it yet. My 2nd should have arrived today but I have not made it home from work yet.

I am pretty sure i saw that in a video review I will see if I can find it

Edit:

found it

@ 1:39

Last edited by a moderator:

mjp777

Triggerman77 said:
I ordered one of these last night. and a couple of extra receivers :D
Glad i seen this makes me feel better I was kinda skeptical!!
I was too. I was very suprised when it beat the pants off my spektrum. I honestly bought it thinking well its only 35 bucks... even if its DOA it wasnt 250 bucks. I could have bought 7 of these for what I paid for my speky.

Triggerman77

Contributor
Yea really i have Two Spectrums now and quit a few others. I have 11 RC trucks and a Heli So im kinda a TX RX NUT I like a decent radio for sure, I have over a dozen old Radios mostly stock junk and a few Hitecs From 17 years ago LOL

Kebema

I just got one of these last week. I am totally loving this transmitter! :D I fried my stock receiver and decided I was just gonna replace the entire radio system in my XB. I almost bought a Futaba 3PL, but instead I went with this system. I am very surprised with the quality considering the price! It does not feel or look cheap at all!

It was very easy to bind. As many people have said, it feels very nice and solid. I absolutely love the position of the third channel switch. It just feels very natural. It is definitely compatible with the Killer Bee v1 Kill switch. This was definitely a great purchase that I made for the XB!

Lowedog

I just received one the other day also and got it all hooked up. Works great with the Killer Bee V1 and is a great bang for the buck at $35!

Triggerman77

Contributor
Yep lovin it!! Got it Monday morning and put a reciver in two trucks and my Boat!! have not ran boat yet with it but the MT will go so far u cant tell what way your going !!! LOL

AND FOR $35 Its way better than my Specs. ! Think im gonna buy another one just to have a backup plan !!! FlySky FS GT3B Is a Super BUY!!! Highly recommended!

hayesjl

ive got one as well i was skeptical for so much fanciness for 35$ shipped but I must say its a champ and the price is laughable. Its really nice quality good weight and balance. the digital interface is a bit clunky but it works and has a 20 model memory. The recivers are micro in size and have crazy range battery lasts for ever.

DemonRC

I just ordered two of these today with a bunch of spare receivers. I plan on shelving my expensive 3pk in favor of these. The dam 3pk is heavy and drains juice like crazy. I dropped it once and the weight of the top end snapped the bottom end right off the end of the pistol grip. Epoxy fixed that untill I dropped it again.

Triggerman77

Contributor
Demon U will love the GT3B They are great. Runs my boat outta site and the MT Its crazy My Spektrums don't hold a Candle to these

csp1971

Contributor
yellowjacket45 said:
doesn't fly sky make our stock 2.4 radio's, that the name in the lttle CD that I got with my MT
If they do, I couldn't get my GT transmitter to bind with the Redcat receiver.

Triggerman77

Contributor
Yea Flysky makes the One that come with The MT but not the XT the stock RX in the MT works with the GT3B just fine. Its the same one the comes with the TX just a Redcat sticker on it.

The XT comes with a Different TX /RX than MT Its a POS IMO My trigger broke off the first day :( ?????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts