• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FS-GT3B 3 Channel Radio

csp1971

Contributor
Triggerman77 said:
Yea Flysky makes the One that come with The MT but not the XT the stock RX in the MT works with the GT3B just fine. Its the same one the comes with the TX just a Redcat sticker on it.
The XT comes with a Different TX /RX than MT Its a POS IMO My trigger broke off the first day :( ?????
Ah, gotcha. Strange they mix it up. Probably whatever they can get the best deal on at the time of production.

Maybe hook up a toothpick where the trigger used to be. :D

Triggerman77

Contributor
csp1971 said:
Ah, gotcha. Strange they mix it up. Probably whatever they can get the best deal on at the time of production.
Maybe hook up a toothpick where the trigger used to be. :D
Rob sent me a replacement TX I just trowed them both in with the other 18 or so TX RX LOL Mostly stock stuff I did run Spektrum I still have 2 TX in great condition probably never use them again :)

Bill_G

I picked up one these as well. Wanted to get a newer radio that was 2.4ghz. I reflashed the firmware and everything works great.

DustyR3825

Banned
I bought this setup for $35. Came with TX/RX and additional RXo's only cost $7. I have been very happy with it and you can't beat the price...

DemonRC

I got some good runtime on my new radios during this weekend's race. I must say that it worked flawless. My only gripe with the radio is that I can't tell if my third channel is on/off. I ended up mounting my killswitch outside the radio box so I could see the light. Apparently it came loose from my cheapy mount and the center tranny ate it for lunch LOL.

csp1971

Contributor
DemonRC said:
I got some good runtime on my new radios during this weekend's race. I must say that it worked flawless. My only gripe with the radio is that I can't tell if my third channel is on/off. I ended up mounting my killswitch outside the radio box so I could see the light. Apparently it came loose from my cheapy mount and the center tranny ate it for lunch LOL.
I can agree with that gripe! Drill a hole in the radio box and glue a piece of lexan or something over the killswitch so you can see the light.

Bill_G

Its easy to hook up a LED using a micro deans connector. I also added a little buzzer, bought at Radio Shack, after I left my switch on and drained the battery.

DemonRC

I had a problem yesterday with my radio. Every 5 seconds the radio would pause for about 1 second. It would happen at that interval like clockwork. This would cause the killswitch to kick in and the car would die. Then all of a sudden it stopped. I ran long enough to take some video. Then it started back up again. I even switched receivers which didn't help. After I got home I figured it all out. This was the first time we ran at the same time. If my son's radio was on it would do it. With his radio off it worked fine. I turned his radio on and off at least a dozen time to verify this. What is weird is that my radio does not effect the operation of his car. I'm going to switch radio's with him and do further testing.

csp1971

Contributor
DemonRC said:
I had a problem yesterday with my radio. Every 5 seconds the radio would pause for about 1 second. It would happen at that interval like clockwork. This would cause the killswitch to kick in and the car would die. Then all of a sudden it stopped. I ran long enough to take some video. Then it started back up again. I even switched receivers which didn't help. After I got home I figured it all out. This was the first time we ran at the same time. If my son's radio was on it would do it. With his radio off it worked fine. I turned his radio on and off at least a dozen time to verify this. What is weird is that my radio does not effect the operation of his car. I'm going to switch radio's with him and do further testing.
That is bizarre. Keep us updated.

cordy

I also had a problem with my gt3b. I had one of thier recievers in my xb and another one of thier recievers in my nutech. Model 1 was the xb and model 2 was the nutech.When I was on model one it would also control model 2. So that being said I gave it to my adult son with the two recievers and I switched to a spektrum dx3c and have had no problems yet.

angryrecords

Im going to test it out later 2nite on my mini lst. Maybe it was not made for racing, or maybe it requires a little tweeking, I will let you know what I think either way.

DemonRC

I'm not sure what to tweak on it. I think I'll bind his radio to my car and my radio to his car to see what happens. If anything I'd rather the Slash 4x4 freak out than my XB.

Bill_G said:
What radio is he using?
We are both using the new FS-GT3B

angryrecords

Well cordy mentioned something about the throttle being stuck on high so I will try to trim mine out. Hopefully it will work and I'd rather see a slash wig out than a largescale to, haha

cordy

One other thing happened with my gt3b. I was at the field,started my xb on the tail gate of my truck and the damn thing went to wot. I imediately shut it down, god bless killer bee. I looked things over and could find nothing amiss. I started it up and it went to wot again. I never had that wot problem with any of my other radios.Spektrum dx3s,dx3c or my mx3.I was so discusted ,I went home and on the bench thats when I discovered it would control model 1 and model 2 at the same time.

csp1971

Contributor
I could keep my spektrum on the same model, and it would control any model that I happened to turn on. Strangely, my Futaba does the same thing. I found that out when I turned off my Baja after running it and then turning on my MT (Futaba was set to HPI). I only noticed because the steering was horribly out of alignment.

angryrecords

Well I have the receiver in the lst and it worked fine when I tried it but I still have some monkeyn around to do here. I will have to find a video so I know what the buttons stand for haha. Anyways I belive the reason that it took off on you cordy would be the fail safe was not set up rite. As I said when I turned on my radio, then lst it worked fine. I decided to see what happens next when turning off the radio and yes it goes full blast into throttle. That leads me to believe it needs to be rebinded again and the throttle prob should be set at 0 when you bind it. That should take care of that problem. I'll let you know more in awhile when I see what each button does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts