• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FS-GT3B 3 Channel Radio

alfred e numan

The Recievers Antenna on the fly-sky has a loose dit where it enters the recievers cases. Over time, this loose fitment can cause the antennas solder joints to the recievers printed circut board to fail. Happened to me-- big time, no fail safe no kill switch- a concrete wall stopped the xb. When these antennas solder joints failed, the ends of the antenna shorted out a chip in the reciever- my-sh$^ luck. Look at the photos-- its an easy fix- split the rx apart- add shoe goo where the antenna enters the cases.

alfred e numan

About the short range on some radios.- All the assorted componets are made in diffrent locations-cases-p-c boards- ect- Americas FCC has limits to how much power the transmitter puts out. on the radios with short range the divices that make the enegry- r-f, this is what sends the signal to the reciever are called -in order-- driver- then the final. most likley, these componets do not have fixed controlls- i.e. resistors. they have varable pots-- adjustable. If a person could find the roadmap of the transmitters p=c board- know the standard currents- voltages- just turn up the power on the final. -- I am a amature radio operator- a ham. Do this sort of thing all the time. Yea, forget the high dollar t-v p.c. repairmen, find a ham and have a talk- tell them about the range problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts