• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First thoughts, Q's

therealrsr

One more thought Rampage,

How about a 3d printed brace between the rear cage sides that covers the stock/aftermarket pigtail pipes so I can say goodbye to the wing and brace for good? I have started to cut anyway, but probably will be at the cost of the stock pipe and I won't upgrade until it has some protection.

therealrsr

Ice_2k said:
I don't understand the distinction. Doesn't spring compression = force on the brake pad?Just curious, what could I gain by adding carbon fiber pad? It's now progressive and at full force locks all wheels at top speed. What more could it do? (longevity aside)
1) True but until the spring compresses fully it is partially determining the amount of force applied. If that "control" is switched to the servo then my finger gets to decide how much force, along with my tx's curve function. With this setup it also helps to put small springs in between the plates to push them apart until force applied and reduce the drag (required to push them apart) after braking. Both will work of course, just a preference of mine.

2) It improves the bite of the brakes, but if you can pull a 4 wheel skid stop on pavement/tarmac from wot you got it dialed. Pretty impressive actually given the Chimera's weight and my fumbling with the stock brakes to date.

Ice_2k

First thoughts, Q's

Yes, I just tested it today, it locks all 4 wheels from wot. The impressive part is it does that on tarmac, using tarmac tires (the tarmac busters). I don't have a Chimera though, it's a Dunerunner (which I think is even heavier?)

Ice_2k

Yes, the initial versions were 2wd but then they made it 4wd few years ago.

RampageHopUps

therealrsr said:
One more thought Rampage,How about a 3d printed brace between the rear cage sides that covers the stock/aftermarket pigtail pipes so I can say goodbye to the wing and brace for good? I have started to cut anyway, but probably will be at the cost of the stock pipe and I won't upgrade until it has some protection.
I designed a spare tire carrier, but never got around to making it. I need to get some different ABS material for the strength, and then put the machine in the garage for the fumes. Probably won;t ever happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts