• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Excessive battery draw on MT when steering

G-Man

I have had my MT for a few months now and have replaced the throttle servo due to it failing with a hitec. I am now experiencing the rx battery going low at 1/2-3/4 tank making my tx warn me when steering only. The voltage will be 6.11v turn the steering and it drops to 4.2v. I used to get almost two tanks out of the rx battery. I have a brand new rx battery that I tried and it tuckered out about the same time. So I am guessing the steering servos are going out the door. Maybe drawing too many amps to run? Is this a normal when they go bad? Thanks

G-Man

Well I'm pretty sure it is the right steering servo that is bad. Any input on which servos to upgrade to? I have a hitec throttle servo that I like. Looking for a direct fit that doesn't use too much power to operate.

307_Proud

Interested in this product, I have a thread on here titled "steering glitches" not far below this one. I did some research on this product, curious if this would be a fix for my situation. The steering servos will twitch even when not steering. It will be fine for about 10 minutes into a fresh charge on the both the tx and rx batteries. Then they will just go into an uncontrolled twitch.

G-Man

Interested in this product, I have a thread on here titled "steering glitches" not far below this one. I did some research on this product, curious if this would be a fix for my situation. The steering servos will twitch even when not steering. It will be fine for about 10 minutes into a fresh charge on the both the tx and rx batteries. Then they will just go into an uncontrolled twitch.
It's worth a try. What servo set up you using?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.