• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunetoberfest 2013

G

I'm going to try.

My problem is it is our busy time of year for my other job.

Chief409

Great Rob, the "Better" half is looking forward to this almost as much as I am. She grew up down that way and this will be her first visit since High School. Being a Navy Wife means you travel lots, rarely back to where you grew up. Until the other half retires.

IN A GALAXY FAR AWAY, AND LONG AGO...

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

Dunetoberfest 2013 - October 25, 26, 27th Buttercup CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to invite all HPIBajaForum members to HPIBajaForum's Dunetoberfest 2013. The event will be held once again at the Buttercup Recreation Area, which is part of the Imperial Sand Dunes. The dates are October 25, 26 and 27th, 2013.

I have worked with the Bureau of Land Management to allow a permit for this year's event, so there will be a safe and secure area for us to run in this year.

The event will start on Thursday morning with a Drivers meeting, radio check and wristbands. We will then have bowl races, drag races, burn-out trials, hill climbs, show and shine, prize table, and finally the trick jump competition on Sunday morning.

More details will come out for each days events in the coming weeks. Start your sand car builds and take the time off work, its going to be epic.

HPIBajaForum Owner / RAMTech-RC Owner / RampageHopUps Owner

Chief409

I should have TWO buggies at Dunetoberfest, the Dune Runner and a custom OBR 5b bombed for the sand.

Vacation days are locked in, trailer is always ready to go, and so is my Wife! Plan on arriving the 23rd so I can make the drivers meeting the 24th.

It isn't October yet?

Chief409

I'm not that clever on engine builds, so my engines (and new custom 5b) are from O'Neil Brothers Racing (OBR).

Dunetoberfest isn't that far away. Who else besides me is running a Red Cat? Rob?

And My Dune Runner is Kick Ass! It'll be at the Glen Helen sand drags the 27th. Think you'll beat me? Only one way to find out, SHOW UP!

Chief409

RampageHopUps

Shoot me your shirt size and I will bring you a RCPitstop/RedcatRampageForum shirt. I will be at the sand drags Friday night and Saturday.

Chief409

RampageHopUps said:
Shoot me your shirt size and I will bring you a RCPitstop/RedcatRampageForum shirt. I will be at the sand drags Friday night and Saturday.
Rob, am I going to have the ONLY RedCat there?

Chief409

Chief409 said:
I'm not that clever on engine builds, so my engines (and new custom 5b) are from O'Neil Brothers Racing (OBR).Chief409
Also the custom 5b is now on order. I can build, but ARTIST I'm not!

Even have my Grandson getting interested in this RC stuff now since I put up YouTube videos. Not much RC in Maine.

Chief409

I have it on good authority that if some RedCats show up at Glen Helen on the 27th, there's a good chance there will be a RedCat class. Remember it's HPI and Losi country here in SoCal, so now is the chance to SHINE! :)

Chief409

Well, I'm past the sunburn stage now. Supposed to be 85 on Saturday since "Winter Storm Yogi" is headed east finally. All we got was wind and 50 degree temps for the last week. After a couple weeks of 85 degree temps. Reminds me, I need to get the camp reservation in for the 4th of July on the Beach at Pt. Mugu. :D

Ready to join us here??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts