• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DuneRunner with CY GP460

bermodel

now beginning to develop the engine, I'm using a cylinder used to do some tests, then I will use the new one for the final papers......

bermodel

Now begins the work of precision before I measure all adjustments and then decide to do the work .... the original GP460 is very slow, I can make many changes.

bermodel

I started to build the intake reed valve, when it's ready I put some pictures for you to see the result, the carburetor is a Walbro use with 19mm venturi.

:D :D :D :D

bermodel

Ildy666 said:
Sorry i forgot about u being over seas.whats the the degree wheel used for?
degree wheel I need to know what is the duration of the various phases of the original engine, then I can decide how much to increase intake and exhaust and transfer ports, when I changed the ported can do the exact compression ratio and lower the squish the more possible to have the maximum turbulence in the combustion chamber.

sorry for my mistakes in writing, it is not easy for me to write using technical terms to explain what I do to my engines.

;) ;) ;) ;)

Ildy666

Thanx for explaining i see alot of thought goes into the port work.and please don't apologize for your writing you write english better than alot of people i know...lol...

jackson

get it running please i want to se that thing moving!!!!! love your work man some awesome craftsmenship right there!!

G

I just found this thread. All I can say is amazing! You have great machinist skills.

G

bermodel said:
thank you for your patience with me :p :p :p
I check this thread daily hoping for more. :) I am looking forward to how the 46 performs.

phreerider

an impressive adapter for 3 shoe clutch set up onto gear plate for sure. i have same motor and have work toward a belt drive with gear plate...doable BUT something about the vibration from the mill tells me it will be a troubled hybrid(for an XB anyway). DR maybe better for size for it...

totally looking forward to this guys set up ripping it up

designed2survive

I got so excited when I started reading the thread. I too would love to see this build done and running. Unfortunately, the last post from the OP is 2 years old. :( :(

phreerider

its a scooter motor in general terms and it comes with 3 shoe clutch and built in housing with output bearing , goped is an application as well as a few others

phreerider

i ran this motor on china scoot with torque converter. with 200# of me on there it pull wheelie no problem!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.