• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner & Hostile MX tyres & Stock rims?

Snoopy

I'm thinking about trying some of those Hostile MX tyres on my Duneruner. Do the HPI sized tyres fit on the original Dunerunner wheels, because I really like those wheels. Any help would be appreciated.

rcgasser

Yes and you will have to get some adaptors to run the hpi wheels and tires.

rampagemt

The stock wear very fast at least for me they did. I love my hostile mx's on my dune runner. One thing if for sure is I tear up a lot of grass. Not that kind the kind you drive on..haha

BertR

I was wondering if you want to run hpi wheels n tires on a dune runner do they fit the stock hubs or do you have to find some adapters that fit and where do you pick them up at

Ildy666

rampagemt said:
The stock wear very fast at least for me they did. I love my hostile mx's on my dune runner. One thing if for sure is I tear up a lot of grass. Not that kind the kind you drive on..haha
There 's snow on the ground by me and i'm tearing up the grass too..lol...haha..

BertR

I am giving it some serious thought on getting One but it has to clear the Mrs. First and that's a brick wall when you talk to it lol.

Chief409

Got the adapters for HPI wheels and have Proline wheels with 5T size Trenchers on my Dune Runner. Love 'em. These are much larger wheels and tires then stock, and being split rim wheels I can change tires without much problem.

G

Those taller tires will give you a little higher overall ratio. That'll be nice with the higher hp ported motor.

Chief409

And, you can use 5b wheels and tires if you feel the need for more low end punch.

Of course, once Demon RC gets their 2 speed tranny available for RedCats, all this is history!

G

And, you can use 5b wheels and tires if you feel the need for more low end punch.
You can completely change the way it drives by changing tires.

mulepic

RCDAD said:
You can completely change the way it drives by changing tires.
Ditto, I run rovans b/c they are lighter (and a tad shorter) than anything else I've tried. And when it comes to e-1/5 efficiency is key. So if you need more bottom end give them a try.

nik81818

Re: Dunerunner & Hostile MX tyres & Stock rims?

Th v3 has hex hubs would I still need adapters to run hpi baja wheels?

rampagemt

Yes they are 23 mm hexes I believe or maybe 22 but bajas run on 24mm so yes you will need adapters to run Baja wheels

rampagemt

Yes the hoi bajas rear hexes are the same as the adapters just need to order 2 pairs and the stock wheel nuts work on them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts