• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dune Runner Upgrades

im sure this has been asked before, But here it goes:

I will hopefully have a new Dunerunner soon.

I will be mainly driving it at the sand dunes at the beach. No racing at all and I am sure , the stock speed is plenty for me.

What kind of upgrades would you recommend ? I was reading something about a possible tuned pipe and maybe an upgraded steering servo...Please advice if this is necessary , or if there is anything else i should consider doing.

Any concernes about the sand ?

thanks

G

Upgrade the:
  • Air filter
  • All servos
  • Install a kill switch
  • Wheel adapters to run Baja wheels (paddles)
  • A better pipe
  • Vent the tank

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
Upgrade the:
  • Air filter
  • All servos
  • Install a kill switch
  • Wheel adapters to run Baja wheels (paddles)
  • A better pipe
  • Vent the tank
+1 also I have been reading were they place something on the bottom of the motor to help keep the sand out also you may want some outer wears to help keep the sand out also.

are the Servos just week ones ? would it be ok, to just change the steering servo ?

Where is the best place to get wheel adapters or does someone have a picture ? can i make them myself ( i have a good lathe though)

any recommendation on air filter ?

thanks

Deluge

dieselsubmariner said:
are the Servos just week ones ? would it be ok, to just change the steering servo ?Where is the best place to get wheel adapters or does someone have a picture ? can i make them myself ( i have a good lathe though)

any recommendation on air filter ?

thanks
You could replace the throttle servo and stick with the stock steering servos. The throttle servo is the one that causes issues. The standard air filter upgrade is the HPI Baja filter.

Air Filter Set

Rsaint

What are the gear settings for the dr. I have the large on top then 25,s. run slow. Please help

G

Normal is a 29 on the clutch shaft with a 31 on the second shaft. Then two 25s one under the 31 and the other on the 3rd shaft. You can swap the 29 & 31 for some more top end.

tsudo5th

I swear by the pull start Outerwear and lower crankcase Outerwear. Makes huge difference on debris staying out. I run an MT but same engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts