• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dual servo setup

mulepic

I saw that the MT comes w/ a dual steering setup. Does the dune runner come w/ a bellcrank that has two servo hookups? Or would I need to get the MT bellcrank?

DMZamora

An one-servo setup can be more efficient and give you less trouble, and one really good servo is cheaper than two ;)

Dune Runner really does't need a lot of power to turn its wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

You would be much better with one good servo. Maybe even a high volt ran off a 7.4 lipo. Works awesome on my XB

mulepic

I understand all that, I've had my share of revo's. Anyone know if the dune runner comes w/ the bellcrank the MT has that supports two servos?

G

There are two versions. It will come with the single version there is no bell crank on the none servo side.

mulepic

Thanks for the info. That helps. Do you know of the MT version can work on the dune runner w/ modification?

G

It's a direct bolt in. You can actually just buy another single unit and just use the bell crank from it. Less expensive that way.

Deluge

Stay with the single servo. Dual servo setups are a hassle and very inefficient.

Deluge

DMZamora said:
An one-servo setup can be more efficient and give you less trouble, and one really good servo is cheaper than two ;) Dune Runner really does't need a lot of power to turn its wheels.
Agreed. Way cheaper than a dual servo setup.

Ice_2k

Dual servo setup

Hmmm... then why are people recommending the upgrade to the hitec 5765? Seems to have the exact same torque. Is reliability the only reason?

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
Hmmm... then why are people recommending the upgrade to the hitec 5765? Seems to have the exact same torque. Is reliability the only reason?
Bingo, reliability is the reason why.

Ice_2k

So, am I correct in assuming that:

1. The stock servo is strong enough

2. No point in upgrading unless the stock servo fails?

blak__jak

I've got both the m/t and the d/r and the difference in the way they turn and what it takes to make them turn is all about how they're made. the m/t is shorter and the engine sets more to the center and with their monster wheels you have much more weight and down force in the front. the d/r is longer and the engine sets way back on the frame. that and with much lighter wheels and tires it just doesn't take as much to make it turn and there's less wear and tear on your servo. I don't know the torque specs on the stocker or the hitec 5765 but I do know after changing to 5765 I could sure tell the difference. the steering was quicker and more pronounced. my recommendation for reliability and just plain making it work better is to upgrade to better servo ,whatever brand you prefer, and leave it a single servo setup. it's less headaches and is more than enough power. IMO

Ice_2k

Thanks for the info! I intend to run rears all around on my DR so I'm gonna put a little more stress on the servo so.....

ika

I want to switch to single setup, but afraid single servo is enough for MT. Please inform if anyone have success with single setup on MT.

Ice_2k

Why do you want to drop the dual servo setup? Need space for something else or are you having issues with it?

Phill

blak__jak said:
I've got both the m/t and the d/r and the difference in the way they turn and what it takes to make them turn is all about how they're made. the m/t is shorter and the engine sets more to the center and with their monster wheels you have much more weight and down force in the front. the d/r is longer and the engine sets way back on the frame. that and with much lighter wheels and tires it just doesn't take as much to make it turn and there's less wear and tear on your servo. I don't know the torque specs on the stocker or the hitec 5765 but I do know after changing to 5765 I could sure tell the difference. the steering was quicker and more pronounced. my recommendation for reliability and just plain making it work better is to upgrade to better servo ,whatever brand you prefer, and leave it a single servo setup. it's less headaches and is more than enough power. IMO
I have the DR and the longer wheelbase makes the turning circle much bigger.

It would be a much better car if it was built on the shorter MT chassis and would handle better with the more centrally located motor.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts