• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

dual servo conversion

creepingcharlie

Has anyone converted to dual steering servos. If so what did it take and what servos was used?

creepingcharlie

I thought having 2 servos would be better? I have the barca buggy and it has 2 servos. But i was looking to buy the dune runner chassie and change everything over. But notice that it only comes with single steering servo. So i was wondering what the redcat dual servo set up look like.

phreerider

--> room to put additional hardware on unit

--> servos( hitec is choice) x2 plus splitter

--> RX box with servo mount , (as least hackable to fit... MT is the only one i know of and is compact)

--> dual steer linkage, MT is available( i think) , i built from X series parts for a twin servo saver set up .

--> servo link x 2

--> reasonable hacksense to navigate mods without destroying original hardware.

with a little hobby knowledge it would be super easy and huge steer boost

heres a pic of the added servo and link on young fresh quasimoto , flawless tough action since added

and a vid

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

creepingcharlie said:
I thought having 2 servos would be better? I have the barca buggy and it has 2 servos. But i was looking to buy the dune runner chassie and change everything over. But notice that it only comes with single steering servo. So i was wondering what the redcat dual servo set up look like.
Also the barca is shorter then the DR so you will have to but the DR dogbones for the front wheel drive.

sportyy

i replaced mine with 5765 hitec they work nice i have rampage mt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts