• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dissapointed in my rampage tt5....

mooman007uk

Banned
badboy2 said:
is the rampage the tmaxx of 5th scales?this is one thing that makes me think of getting one..
I hope not!!! I'd say the LST of 5th scale...I had a t-maxx..xl chassis, proline shocks, otb gears, ue diffs, steering bulkheads etc, rpm arms and other bits I put a fortune into it and it was still crap, had a savage with cen diffs, lst shocks, xl chassis, my own mid tank conversion etc, pile of very expensive dogs doings, had and lst put tini gears in it, rpm arms, mips hotpower springs and that was it and it was killer, all my nitros ran an sts .28 with sts pipes and 40 series big joes so the set ups were near the same...the LST was the best and toughest by far...I regretted selling it til last weekends rampage bash session cos now I got a 1/5 scale LST:D

badd_maxx25

i think on a scale of 1-10 5 beaing a t-maxx this is around a 9.5 for durability after you put the upgrade kit on

chucked

I got the, uhhh, proline __________, uh, cant remember what they are called, kinda look like a dirt bike tire.... Anyway, got 2 sets of those tires, Waiting on more money to get the hubs and rims. Badlands? I did run it about 30 mins in my backyard on the ice last night, nothing broke, amazing.

chucked

Yea, i finished my hellfire ss this week, because the redcat breaks so much wanted something else to run, i had to put a few bones into it so that set me back a little

chucked

All i need now is 1 set of hubs and 2 sets of rims

mooman007uk

Banned
chucked said:
Yea, i finished my hellfire ss this week, because the redcat breaks so much wanted something else to run, i had to put a few bones into it so that set me back a little
Dude, you must have got the last one made on a friday afternoon...seems to be a bit of a lemon, I've only had minor problems with mine and I am not the treat my rc gently type so I expect them... it has a few upgrades...the kit being the most important one...and now it's one tough truck

chucked

My redcat is for sale, im done with these things, running in straight lines on asphault stripped out 2 gears. Im gettin a 5t, its a shame cuz all the money i got in it i could have bought one. Redcat should be ashamed of themselves for putting out something with this many problems

chucked

Yea right, where i work theres 15 guys with hpi's, the only time they break is when they hit shit. Also, i kno its 2wd but at least i can FUCKIN RUN IT for more then 15 mins, these guys will refuel they run so long, im on my 3rd tank since i bought it

kryptonite

chucked said:
My redcat is for sale, im done with these things, running in straight lines on asphault stripped out 2 gears. Im gettin a 5t, its a shame cuz all the money i got in it i could have bought one. Redcat should be ashamed of themselves for putting out something with this many problems
i'll trade you 2 on-roads!! one is race ready. or pm me with what you want for it

Neverhappy

chucked said:
My redcat is for sale, im done with these things, running in straight lines on asphault stripped out 2 gears.
Please post it up and tell us what kind of things were done to it. Interested minds want to know. price too

chucked

This is wat I got in it: buggy itself, $670, exhaust $80, 26.9cc race port $85, 1015 th/br servo $95, hitec digi st servo $75, hop up kit $50, alum steering blocks $40, 5000 mah battery $50, 5b air filter $30, 5b red spring. Wats it worth? Whats this like $1100 bucks? Its a month old. I also got almost everything to convert it to 5b wheels

str8jailbird

Damn, sounds like my "new" Subaru XT wagon. New tranny (warranty), New turbo (warranty), new dashboard faceplate (warranty) thought these damn Jap cars were reliable?!?!?!? I'd be screwed without the damn warranty, $7500.00 alone for the transmission and that is without labor! What a racket! Hopefully my new MT will treat me better although I plan to treat it a little rough:eek: :D !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online