• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

diff cups-spliting

bigfol

I keep breaking my front diff cups, the wheel bearing and diff bearings are all ok and everthing else is all working fine, no binding, has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of any mods or different parts that are stonger and will fit ie:Losi part?

G

You would have to make them. You just get metal tube with an inside diameter of the outside diameter of the diff cups. Tack weld them in place or some times there snug enough to just press them on.

SWD

Deluge

Yep, sleeve them. Mine are sleeved. I've put them through hell and not one failure.

bigfol

In end I went with these carbon tube rings, they have been holding up great to some serious bashing......

Deluge

Hmmm. CF rings. Nice! Never considered that. What's the wall thickness on those?

G

They look great.

Now you must share! Link?

How are they fastened?

bigfol

I got the CF here......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-22MM-OD-X-20MM-ID-X-500MM-Carbon-fiber-wing-tube-Quadcopter-arm-Hexrcopter-/221103345841?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337ac950b1

I fastened them with loctite 620 retaining compound,the tubes are a snug fit which works great with the retaining compound, had a huge day bashing in the sand dunes yesterday, they held up great, if only I could say the same thing of my rear wing support brackets, pity I can't make them from carbon plate.......

G

Thanks again! Great idea.

bigfol

No worries guys, happy to share, I got the shock socks from DDM(daves discount motors). Heads up with the shock socks, they come in one lenght and have to be cut to size,in doing so the stiching comes lose, just nip up the ends with a few stiches before fitting or they will unravel.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts