• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

desert rat MT body w/paint

ronanv

great paint job, great ride!!!! noticed your pipe..... did you have it custom made??? would like to see more pics on the inside. thanks:) :)

Sprint 77

Contributor
Hey Guys I now have some 5052 "O" temper .625" Aluminum tube and I will be testing it on the mandrel bender @ work Monday. That way all of you that bought my pipe will have a way to add a slipon to your stinger and turn it away from the Asgaurd and desert Rat body.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
ronanv said:
great paint job, great ride!!!! noticed your pipe..... did you have it custom made??? would like to see more pics on the inside. thanks:) :)
Why yes he did that is a DOM that Custom Fabrications Mods to fit the Rampage most on the forum refer to it as a Sprint 77 DOM . We can mod you one if your ready for big HP.

This is Moo's thread so you will have to search my threads for pics. Can't get in the way of Moo's threads . Like the body fit and paint Moo keep it up.

mooman007uk

Banned
Hey clubin the pipe works a treat, I have lengthened the stinger with the old stock can rubber and cut the stinger off at a bend so it just clears the fender...it keeps blowing it off though, it come off yesterday on the proline maiden run but it didn't melt or warp the body which surprised me. Now i got to hunt in the back yard again for it. What also surprised me is I can notice as soon as the stinger pops off, it actually seems to give more bottom and top end....just a little crisper.

here's a pic

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

and of the 77 dom pipe for ronanv, this pipe is mental

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

pipeous

flange that pipe end moo, just rotate a ratchet handle around the inside.... though I am sure you know that, just too impatient to hear it roar ;) ... and that roll cage looks like it could survive a 1:1 car running it over

mooman007uk

Banned
I didn't even think about that...too easy i suppose...thanks bud.

I used a hose clamp to stop it popping off the dom and then the stinger blew out...now it will be fixed.

Cage is OK but aluminum...as soon as I get motivated it'll be replaced with a 4130 one.

str8jailbird

Hey Moo, did your rear dom or anyone else's snap off the tab that mounts to the rear of the truck? I still have the tab, after all it was bolted to the rear plate. I checked the dom on my 5B and it shows no signs of cracking. I remember a long while ago this was an issue with the early rear doms but thought they fixed it. Maybe I'm just beating it too hard.

AWESOME paint job by the way. My older brother is an extremely talented artist and I keep asking him if he would paint me a wild scheme on another Desert Rat for the Ramp. Unfortunately him having 2 little ones (3 and 6) and he and my sister-in-law work full time just puts a crinkle in the plans. I am trying to talk him into doing a cobalt blue fade to purple fade to black with light blue and green ghost flames. He drew me a mock up in colored pencil to see if that was what I meant and it was beautiful. I asked when he could start, he replied "when the girls get to college". Damn! Oh well I'll just be happy with my yellow banana/blue at the moment.

mooman007uk

Banned
the tab on mine is holding up fine so far. I'm benched right now the diff case i split is beyond bodging so will be wed/thurs before i can continue with my diff cup trials. Chassis is well tweaked at the front too so will have to straighten it.

mvff1984

what did u do to accomplish the rear mount mod?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts