• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CPI vs jetpro

Tormented

I like the way the CPI pipe looks but I'm concerned that power and top speed won't be there and I feel the same about the jet pro side pipe but my biggest problem with that is I don't want to cut my body at least not on the side

G

If you want a top end pipe you need to lean towards the end bleeds.

Tormented

Well an alaround pipe would be best bottom end not that big of a deal but mid and high are perfect I think

Stumpdiggitty

yeah, cpi pipe low end is shitty....(still better than stock tho) especially after i switched my gears around. but man, when that sucker hits mid - high rpms, it's the mutha****inBOMB!! it screams, no shit. on my youtube vid, that was before i swapped gears!! it hauls ass man. Im totally happy with it. planning on getting 8000 clutch spring to help with the boggy low end problem.. only had to cut a small square in my body. the pipe don't hit, but it gets hot and melted it a bit. easy fix with some aluminum tape. but i didnt have any, and I'm not showing my car off, so i just said screw it...

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
Glad to here!!! I love my CPI on my MT...

when you get it running, you're going to freak!!!

MTMIKE

CPI pipe

Currently using fd158 DDM Dominator side pipe with stock 26cc engine. Has always run fine for me. Now that chassis is the way I want it, it's time for some added power. Looking at the new race ready 36cc big block engine from Ramtech. Makes 6hp on dyno. With 990 carb & 8000 rpm spring. Will the FD158 DDM Dominator pipe still work out ok? Also been looking at FD727C CPI Racing tuned pipe for Redcat Rampage MT.

Just want to make sure if I change out engine I end up running a good exhaust choice for low end /mid range power.

Come on guys I know you have thoughts about this one. Thanks

racetruck

I like my cpi big bore pipe for the hpi baja it was modified by sprint77 to fit the redcat monster truck it has great low and high end plus it fits under the body rob64n and i have drag raced and with my 23cc stock engine and his 28.5 and the 30cc and in 60 feet it was an even race i will stay with the cpi big bore

here is a pic of my cpi

G

MTMIKE said:
Currently using fd158 DDM Dominator side pipe with stock 26cc engine. Has always run fine for me. Now that chassis is the way I want it, it's time for some added power. Looking at the new race ready 36cc big block engine from Ramtech. Makes 6hp on dyno. With 990 carb & 8000 rpm spring. Will the FD158 DDM Dominator pipe still work out ok? Also been looking at FD727C CPI Racing tuned pipe for Redcat Rampage MT. Just want to make sure if I change out engine I end up running a good exhaust choice for low end /mid range power.

Come on guys I know you have thoughts about this one. Thanks
That motor like the end bleeds. You might want to see if you can get yours modified. I will be having my Jetpro modified for the 36.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts