• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CPI install issues

G

Sometimes you just need a bigger hammer. :D

Mike4130

I really like the design of the CPI so I might try another one. I messed around with this this thing for hours and looked at every possible way to make it work, but it just didn't want to line up with the motor mount. The pics show where I couldn't get it to line up. I don't know we'll see what happens. Does the flange just twist or does it allow adjustment on an angle also? I was afraid to bend it.

REVOlutionary Rampage

My CPI fits my mt just fine. My truck is a V3. Like I said before the loop after the exhaust mount has to be vertical, and the pipe needs to be pushed into the coupler to the spot where it flares up to start the loop. Look at my pics that is how it should look when your done. It took a while but I finally got it. All the video's on YouTube have the pipe like that. All the pics have the pipe like it is in my pics also. The pipe does fit it needs a little pushing and massaging sometimes though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike4130

What a great forum!

Thanks to everyone for their input on this subject. I am going to give this pipe another shot at installation on Saturday. I spoke with Steve from DDM, & he gave me some good insight.

Did you mount the pipe to the cylinder head first, then mount & align everything up? I'm just trying to get a plan of attack. How did you install yours (steps you took)?

Jackleg

Thanks,they are Imex wheels and are 6.5" tall 3.25" wide, weigh 20oz, and have a 24mm hex. I have not tried them out yet. I like the bigger MT wheels just not the weight of them. I'm at work and don't have any pics, but here is the link to the Imex RC page that has them. Will try to post some pics this evening.

http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/the-1982/*Special*-1-fdsh-5-Scale-Mounted/Detail

Jackleg

When I mounted mine I bolted the header to the engine, put the blue sleeve on the header, slid the pipe into the sleeve, bolted the pipe to the engine then to the shock tower, and put the spring on last. The hole for the spring on the pipe will be offset from the hole for the spring on the header.

REVOlutionary Rampage

Jackleg said:
When I mounted mine I bolted the header to the engine, put the blue sleeve on the header, slid the pipe into the sleeve, bolted the pipe to the engine then to the shock tower, and put the spring on last. The hole for the spring on the pipe will be offset from the hole for the spring on the header.
Ditto, that sounds about like I mounted mine if I remember right. :)

Jackleg

Mike4130 said:
Thanks for the pics. These will surely help with the install. BTW, nice wheels! what are they? could you send me a pic of them?
I ran the truck today with the new wheels and they get good traction. They not as stable as the MTs, because the stance is not as wide. Also the chrome chipped off of one off them (ran into the brush), probably should have got black. Anyway here is a picture. View attachment 6459 IMAG0621a.jpg

IMAG0621a.jpg

/monthly_2013_06/IMAG0621a.jpg.60d16e867b6f0e209fc879cf666c5d08.jpg

Mike4130

Jackleg said:
Nice truck! Love those wheels too!

So install the pipe in separate pieces? I didn't think of that, I tried to install the pipe fully assembled.

Again, thanks for all the help.

Mike4130

Thanks for all the help everyone. I was able to get the pipe on finally with a little help from all of you.

Taking off the header & mounting that first did the trick. As you can see I also used a set of 5mm exhaust studs thanks to DDM. Now I can't wait to fire this beast up on Tuesday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts