• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clubin's dual steering servo setup

Clubin

Banned
HINT. Hint. it would be nice if som one made up a roll cage like I did for sale. So you will be running soom eh moo? My payment should be sent today for my sprint pipe, I did not get confirmation on $hipping co$t yet.

I got my ADA kit today, I am going to run my 4 bolt DS in my Rampage for a bit with that cylinder kit. http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.5687/.f

Clubin

Banned
Kaz the Minotaur said:
Which compression ratio did you get?
What is the benifit of the billet?

I suppose a 4 bolt hear would allow for higher compression?
The billet is pretty.

The cylinders are limited to what they are when the top is cut off domes can be changed I got the compretion ratio of 13:1 with a 2mm stuffed crank.

Higher compression can only be used with higher octane fuel. I still wanted to run 91 octane.

There aren't any other choices for the 4 bolt cylinders other thant he marine cylinder with a DS cooling head. Which I am honestly not very happy with.

THis is my 4 bolt DS case with marine cylinder and DS cooling head.

MCDRR003.jpg

mooman007uk

Banned
I've heard many have had overheat problems with the DS and other billet heads cos they don't cool enough without the head shroud inside the body, i guess they need good airfolw over them to cool like in a plane , wonder how the ada head will be?

Clubin

Banned
This is what happened to mine, In all my exerrience and from the engine builders I have tlaked to the piston's need to be relieved .02 around the top of the piston to allow for expantion. If that is not done, this happens.

DSFailure018.jpg

DSFailure016.jpg

DSFailure014.jpg

DSFailure012.jpg

mooman007uk

Banned
I cut the bottom out of the angle as well same width as the receiver so it won't sit in moisture, just on my way to get a y splitter, think I'm going to run 2nd servo on ch3 and mix them and run my kill switch on ch4

Last edited by a moderator:

C.B.

i thought it was going to be a pain to have 2 steering servos but clubbin and mooman you guys did nice jobs and im going to follow your leads nice work

C.B.

my servo and other parts are on the way for my dual setup now i gotta get payment to sprint for a mega pipe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts