• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clubin's dual steering servo setup

Clubin

Banned
Well, here it is finally all done, I made some uprites out of 3/8 round aluminum, threaded both sides 4mm drilled 4 holes in the pan and tapered them mounted it all up. I moved the reciever/batt. box to the front, drilled and tapped the blue aluminum plate to bolt down the radio box. The only thing I have to do now is remake the front support braces. The steering is very very good now. I used some MCD rose joints and a MCD turnbuckle for the steering link, I ordered one, but it is not here yet, so this will work very well. It is all calibrated and ready to bash. The steering now is the way I like it.

I used 2 5745's if any one is wondering.

I will let you guys think about what I did while I go and get some pictures. lol

mooman007uk

Banned
my 5745's will be here this week, currently in the grasp of Canada snail express (thanks for that link to great hobbies Clubin) so will have dual also for next weekend, my ramp currently doesn't turn very well resulting in otherwise avoidable ouchies....I do believe my stock steering is totally crap, it will hardly turn the wheels on the stand:eek:

I'm 3M taping my batt to the chassis (the stuff for car trim works awesome)

and will be using an fg/duratrax batt box mounted forward of the air filter, I got the steering parts already waiting. I got a 4200mah pack which should give me some decent run time with the 2 servos

Last edited by a moderator:

hellya

what you guys pay for the 5745....

hellya

looks really good man.....winters are great.....plenty of time to work on the vehicles:D

Clubin

Banned
kryptonite said:
i like it, nice clean install
Not that clean yet, I have to polish everything up to a mirror finish, I just wanted to make sure it was going to work. And it does, Beautifully.

mooman007uk

Banned
Very tidy set up, love the front cage, I'm after the hbz bar to work off too, want to run from front to rear towers with 4 point chassis mount with 2 just behind the steering servos.

Just waiting for my 77dom so I can get started. I also ordered a 77 rear brace that works with the dom so have my options open.

Mirror finish????...no shelf queenery allowed here

Neverhappy

Very nice setup Clubin. Is two servo savers already on there or did you put the other one on there yourself?

Very nice job on the rollcage!!! What would you charge to make/sell me one of those after I get me a rampage?

jaysyourhandyman

here is my setup

101_2066mail.jpg

101_2051.jpg

101_2053.jpg

101_2064.jpg

/monthly_2008_11/101_2066mail.jpg.64fd116e8b21a8728ac2cbc5c34d07fa.jpg

/monthly_2008_11/101_2051.jpg.c13d10c15fd3318b6f22ac8c0b1343ce.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/101_2053.jpg.eaa80a7c775be0fea2712da27ac1a353.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/101_2064.jpg.8be594c628c7ea47e9990ae4c9e2e60a.jpg

jaysyourhandyman

Neverhappy said:
Very nice setup Clubin. Is two servo savers already on there or did you put the other one on there yourself?
Very nice job on the rollcage!!! What would you charge to make/sell me one of those after I get me a rampage?
the servo saver is the same part # as the other side the other side

just clock the arm to point the other way and then it just bolts inplace of the turn buckle :cool:

so, you do need to add an extra one

Clubin

Banned
Neverhappy said:
This is one of those things that is not for sale, just me tinkering.

It comes with only one servo, and one servo saver, I bought naother steering setup for the other servo saver.

Neverhappy

That's ok I'll try and make my own rollcage. Think i'm going to build a jig when i'm able. As soon as my back starts letting me.

mooman007uk

Banned
Clubin said:
HBZ roll cage the rest is all custom, I bought 2 lengths of 3/8 aluminum rod at Canadian tire I have bender's so I fabbed up what I neeeded.
my bender's my vice and a pipe:( I've a day off today so shall start on something at the front)...my 77dom is on it's way so I'll figure out the back when it gets here...the local aluminum fab shop who's fixing my ss pipe (ready today) can weld a cage up for me. It's gonna be for stiffness and not to take a hit....I'm done with running with the body off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts