• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb tuning vid.

jeffp83

Great videos, really a big help (especially for someone like me, I just lean seized my last engine :eek: haha).

Last edited by a moderator:

rampage idiot

Trip.. said:
Well shit man if I hammered 50 beers to one pretzel, I'd be layin on the floor! lol.Or was that 50 pretzels per beer? ha ha ha.

I run the 50:1 because that's what I'm comfortable with. I know MANY will disagree with me and that's just fine, there's nothing wrong with that, I say mix that oil as rich or lean as one is comfortable mixing and we should all just have fun beating the hell out of these cool 'Cats! ;)
Yeh 50 beers to one pretzel that would be rough and as far as the 50:1 ratio hey if thats what your comfy with and you don't blow it up , more power to ya:D

Trip..

jeffp83 said:
Great videos, really a big help (especially for someone like me, I just lean seized my last engine :eek: haha).
Yikes! Keep her rich and she'll love you forever!

rampage idiot said:
Yeh 50 beers to one pretzel that would be rough and :D
Oh the stories I could tell... Well, from what I can remember of them :D

teedog12 said:
Awesome vids thanks alot didn't think of to tune on the stand
For best results, take the wheels off, the reason my vid was so lousy was because the damn car was trying to jump off the stand! These tires have NO balance whatsoever!

G

For best results, take the wheels off, the reason my vid was so lousy was because the damn car was trying to jump off the stand! These tires have NO balance whatsoever!
Your foams might be starting to deteriorate.

redneck31

Thanks for the video!! Really like that you took the time to do it. Hope it helps me get my DR running with the 990 when i get home.

Trip..

redneck31 said:
Thanks for the video!! Really like that you took the time to do it. Hope it helps me get my DR running with the 990 when i get home.
You are very welcome, if you have any trouble contact me. I've taught many people how to tune, you just need to see how the motor reacts to your inputs. I've taught old guys, young guys, kids, women... Hell, I even taught a deaf guy, that was by far the hardest. We had to go by the smoke. Nothing like a little 16:1 oil mix and a set of hot plugs in his snowmobile :) His smile was all it took!

My best suggestion is to replace the stock "Pipe" with a good aftermarket pipe so you can hear what the motor is telling you. The stock POS "pipe" is horrible and is next to impossible to hear the tune.

Trip..

ChuenouXiao

Trip.. said:
You are very welcome, if you have any trouble contact me. I've taught many people how to tune, you just need to see how the motor reacts to your inputs. I've taught old guys, young guys, kids, women... Hell, I even taught a deaf guy, that was by far the hardest. We had to go by the smoke. Nothing like a little 16:1 oil mix and a set of hot plugs in his snowmobile :) His smile was all it took!My best suggestion is to replace the stock "Pipe" with a good aftermarket pipe so you can hear what the motor is telling you. The stock POS "pipe" is horrible and is next to impossible to hear the tune.

Trip..
Maybe some day we can run our XB together trip :D

F-Fanatic

HUGE help, man. Tuning symptoms on a gas rc are a lot more subtle than on a nitro, so it was nice to have an up-close preview of how rich/lean sound. You made this look 10x easier than I thought it was. Thumbs up. Big time.

Just realized there's no "request sticky" button on this board. That's a shame. If the mods are watching this thread, sticky the sucker so all the new-comers have a non-ambiguous guide to proper tuning.

Trip!

Thanks brother! Love your attitude as well. I really don't give a shit too. You got me laughing.

Thanks for supporting the community.

Request for sticky applied :)

So what about the idle screw? Any tips? I've messed with mine but I need to hear it from the Master Tuner.

Trip..

Leave the idle screw alone until you get the hs and ls set where you want them, then set the idle high enough that it idles nicely and has a good snap off idle. I have the 9500 DDM clutch spring, so I bet I have my rpm set about 8k. It's a little high, but I like to have my car launch off the line as soon as I snap my finger. I could set the idle really low, say about 3-4k (stock) but it takes about a second to rev before the clutch grabs and it just shocks the tires. Too rough on the drive train.

With a good pipe and a stiff clutch spring, I have a nice high idle and good snap off the line.

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]4wnffnnDiIk[/MEDIA][/ame]The only time I hit full throttle in this vid was when I was coming back from the neighbors yard at the 1:19 second mark, you can hear it open up. The rest of the time I was at about 1/2.

G

Your little mod did a nice job keeping the crap out.

Trip..

Yeah I thought so too, just a few inches of Gorilla tape and it's better. I still haven't applied it to the sides of the body yet, I haven't had time.

The stock body is WAY off. Hell it's never been right, but it's even worse after the stock pipe melted it and deformed it. I tried to heat it up with a heat gun and form it back to where it's supposed to be, it's better, but still not right. Luckily I still have a brand new uncut green Kermit body sitting in the bag for when I get sick of this one.

I wish you guys would have gone through with the body that covered the JetPro pipe! Have any pics of that?

G

It never made it past the first drawing. After I sent the dimensions of the pipe, it was decided that it would not work. It would not have been very attractive. The pipe is just too tall to keep under a sleek buggy body. I'm sure it could be designed, just not with the current version.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts