• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb tuning vid.

Trip..

This was done because I was asked to do it, if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll get to them as quick as I can.

Part 1.

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]-mWpE0DEQYM[/MEDIA][/ame]
Trip..

Trip..

As I said in another thread, I was suffering a bit from the beer-flu so the vids were pretty lousy. If they aren't good enough I ask you guys to give me some suggestions and I'll make a better one. I know most of the second vid was the back of my hand, sorry.

cordy

Ok Trip nice video.Guess it takes a little time to develop a tuned ear.Nice display of running rich and lean.Why do you run 50:1 thats kinda skimpy on the oil. Do you think 25:1 is to much oil and clogs the engine?

ChuenouXiao

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! NOW I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LEAN AND RICH DURING HIGH SPEED RUN!!! :D No grey area now for sure regarding listening to your car during high speed run. I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT TRIP!!! THANKS!!!!! I might have to watch part 2 again because I wasn't following that well, but again after watching it the second or third time I should understand... regarding tuning close to you. LOL!!!! Love your CHING CHONG HUNG YUNG!!! LOL!! Hilarious!!! And I'm Asian too :D LOL! One of the best detail and tunning video of 1/5 scale RC so far :D

Last edited by a moderator:

rampage idiot

NICE very informative vids, I think they should help people that do not have a clue of how to adjust a carb, I also want to know why 50:1 is that gas to oil or beer to pretzels LOL

ChuenouXiao

rampage idiot said:
NICE very informative vids, I think they should help people that do not have a clue of how to adjust a carb, I also want to know why 50:1 is that gas to oil or beer to pretzels LOL
Yea... I'm a noob... and not completely sure..... especially with my rear Jetpro being so loud with my OBR Pro Stock :D I know that if its too rich... or too lean.. you loose performance... but don't know for sure. Now I do :D

Trip..

cordy said:
Ok Trip nice video.Guess it takes a little time to develop a tuned ear.Nice display of running rich and lean.Why do you run 50:1 thats kinda skimpy on the oil. Do you think 25:1 is to much oil and clogs the engine?
Nope, I tune weed whackers and chain saws all day at work and I come home smelling like an exhaust pipe. I mix my oil lean so I don't have to smell like that in my leisure time too. Seriously that's it... Well that and because I'm cheap so I use oil sparingly. I used to run the oil at 100:1, but I felt a little more oil was needed and wouldn't hurt. Every one of my engines run for at least 25-30 gallons and look perfect inside and upon tear-downs there is always oil pooled in the bottom of the crank case. Do I recommend others do as I do? No, actually I don't, I recommend others to do whatever makes them feel comfortable. No smoke or let it smoke like a train, that's up to you. I was just trying to show the difference between running too rich and running too lean.

Trip..

ChuenouXiao said:
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! NOW I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LEAN AND RICH DURING HIGH SPEED RUN!!! :D No grey area now for sure regarding listening to your car during high speed run. I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT TRIP!!! THANKS!!!!! I might have to watch part 2 again because I wasn't following that well, but again after watching it the second or third time I should understand... regarding tuning close to you. LOL!!!! Love your CHING CHONG HUNG YUNG!!! LOL!! Hilarious!!! And I'm Asian too :D LOL! One of the best detail and tunning video of 1/5 scale RC so far :D
Thanks buddy, these vids were made just for you, why? Because you asked me too. Now if I could only figure out how to pronounce your screen name :D

Trip..

rampage idiot said:
Well shit man if I hammered 50 beers to one pretzel, I'd be layin on the floor! lol.

Or was that 50 pretzels per beer? ha ha ha.

I run the 50:1 because that's what I'm comfortable with. I know MANY will disagree with me and that's just fine, there's nothing wrong with that, I say mix that oil as rich or lean as one is comfortable mixing and we should all just have fun beating the hell out of these cool 'Cats! ;)

G

You do make it look easy. This will help many. I would have loved this the first time I attempted to tune.

ChuenouXiao

Trip.. said:
Thanks buddy, these vids were made just for you, why? Because you asked me too. Now if I could only figure out how to pronounce your screen name :D
My name is pronounce Chew :D Thanks bud... appreciate your effort :D I will post a video up soon about my run today.... its still processing on Youtube.... might be one more hour :D

Sergio

Trip did I tell you my truck runs faster lol.

Thanks for the video man I have a brand new walbro 990 and till now had no clue how I was gonna tune it this video will help me a lot.

Trip..

Fine, fine, just fine. lol ...Sorry I have South Park on in the background... The back tires are a little smooth/bald though. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts