• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb manifold gasket

CyberVet65

Contributor
When putting the engine together I installed the GTB metal manifold with the Teflon gaskets. The outer gaskets appears to be fine but the inner one is crushed an warped. I do believe it is too tight. But in order to fasten the carb it had to be torqued.

So, is this an issue? Do I need to replace the gasket? Can it cause a tuning issue? The how is the carb properly attached without messing up the gasket?

Thanks

CyberVet65

Contributor
I found the reason. The carb hardware is too long. It went into the gasket and tweaked it. Off to the hardware store to get a couple of bolts about 1/4 inch shorter. I have extra gaskets so repair is easy.

G

Good to hear you caught it. That could have caused an air leak leading to bigger problems.

I just cut a few mm off the end of the bolts on mine.

CyberVet65

Contributor
Yep. Got out the hacksaw and all is now good. I had another gasket and made sure all those little holes lined up. All is good and tight. Getting ready to get the linkage installed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts