• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cant get the new one to start

Guantanamo Joe

When I was home in the states a few weeks ago, I went to a hobby shop and told them that I needed to vent the tank. I got some fuel line and a fitting. I know I am to drill a hole in the cap for the fitting, but do I need some fancy threading kit or is the plastic good enough that I can "thread" the fitting into it? I don't want to ruin my cap because it takes me 2 weeks to get another- that is why I havent installed this yet.

G

It works both ways. The cap method is the quickest, but I prefer the vent in the gromet.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
When I was home in the states a few weeks ago, I went to a hobby shop and told them that I needed to vent the tank. I got some fuel line and a fitting. I know I am to drill a hole in the cap for the fitting, but do I need some fancy threading kit or is the plastic good enough that I can "thread" the fitting into it? I don't want to ruin my cap because it takes me 2 weeks to get another- that is why I havent installed this yet.
You just drill the hole a bit smaller. The plastic is soft enough to self-tap.

Guantanamo Joe

I have seen that- I was looking into it because it might be the easiest option- kind of takes the guess work out of things. I don't really have a garage full of tools here in GTMO and so home modifications are my weak spot right now...

G

That's what I do. Changing the gromet is a royal PITA. Just don't push the drill bit into the tank too far. You don't want the pieces to fall in there. I drill in small increments, and clean the bit often. You will need a bigger bit then you may think as the rubber streches while trying to drill through it.

G

I do it with the tank out and just with the hand drill.

Guantanamo Joe

well, if I can find a good drill bit, then I am going to try this...

RC DAD: go ahead and pull a spare grommet out and put in on your desk, I am sure I am going to be ordering it as soon as I screw this up... ha ha ha

G

I don't have gromits as Redcat does not have them. If you want just the gromit DDM sells a three hole version. I hate messing with the gromits sooo much. I just pick up a whole new tank. Lol. There fairly inexpensive.

Guantanamo Joe

fine then, I didnt want to order from you anyway... ha ha ha J/K

I think I will start with venting the cap, since that seems simple for now- then I will do the right thing and order a new grommet system and billet cap (they're pretty). That way I can get some colored lines too and my truck wont look so boring... ha ha ha

cordy

Just use an 8/32 fuel nipple,drill a hole a little smaller than 8/32 and thread the niple in the hole the fuel nipple comes with a gasket. Run a piece of fuel tubing from the nipple up and then down . This keeps the engine running if upsisde down.

G

cordy said:
Just use an 8/32 fuel nipple,drill a hole a little smaller than 8/32 and thread the niple in the hole the fuel nipple comes with a gasket. Run a piece of fuel tubing from the nipple up and then down . This keeps the engine running if upsisde down.
Easiest method, for sure!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts