• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

can the mt wheelie? if so whats required

redthomas

Another guy in a forum I'm on has a smart tech that lifts the front wheels. I like doing it with my nitro. So if its possible I'd like to do it to my mt or my xsc. Thanks. Also you guys are awesome for responding.

alfred e numan

My redcat xb would sorta lift the wheels-It had to hit just the right kind of bump with full throttle. The guys car on the other forum- the engine sets back further and is also higher than the redcats. engine setting back is good. engine setting higher is not so good. center of gravity is higher.

G

Although wheelies are fun, its very hard to get a mid-engine 4WD to do it. I'm not saying its impossible, just haven't seen one do a power wheelie yet. I think about 15hp and stiff rear suspension would do it, as long as you don't break a drive cup first. :D

redthomas

Well I don't wanna break anything. I'll just let it go if it requires that much mod work..what's the best simple mods to do. I have the tgn pipe.and I'm gonna grab a new a/f soon.

G

redthomas said:
Well I don't wanna break anything. I'll just let it go if it requires that much mod work..what's the best simple mods to do. I have the tgn pipe.and I'm gonna grab a new a/f soon.
a/f ??? :confused:

BertR

Air filter maybe ?? never the less even if you striped the front of servos and all added weight and left only wheels I seriously doubt it will pop one without a highly modded power plant. It's just not in the cards for a mid engine.

RazorHobbies

It would take alot just to get it to wheelie. Its not just that the engine is in the center, the car weighs alot and sits low enough to where the weight of the car works agains you.

The only MT I have seen wheelie on its own was a brushless coverted one. And at that he shave off alot of the weight in the conversion.

krebidoux

my buddndies mt wheelies no problem. mind you the brushless motor that he uses is about the size of a pop can and cost about $850 and the speed control was specially made and cost about $1200 and can handle up tp 60volts. he only runs 8s in it and the motor is a 6 pole.

krashkrieg

Contributor
krebidoux said:
my buddndies mt wheelies no problem. mind you the brushless motor that he uses is about the size of a pop can and cost about $850 and the speed control was specially made and cost about $1200 and can handle up tp 60volts. he only runs 8s in it and the motor is a 6 pole.
Any video of that MT?

G

krebidoux said:
Does he still have it 4WD?

krebidoux

he's just got the money. he was going to have them make him a esc that could go to 120v but they wanted $2000 so he opted for the 60v.lol [ame]

[/ame]

G

That's pretty awesome. Gotta love that instant torque electrics provide! :D

krashkrieg

Contributor
Re: can the mt wheelie? if so whats required

Now I remember that beast...incredible!...he used to be on this forum for a while a few years back

Sent from my Shoe-Phone using Tapa-Toe 2

krebidoux

ya it's 4wd. it's been sitting for along time. he doesn't have much time since he's at around 60+ hours a week. he has a couple others he wants to work on but no time. he has a boat, about 50-60 inches long he was thinking about putting twin 12 horse brushless motors in it. they make the motor in his redcat mt look small. imagine what that boat would do.lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts