• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

brake upgrades

markrufrider

hey my fellow redcat dune runner friends im back its been a while does anyone no if there is any brake upgrades you can get for the dune runner the standard brakes are ok but iv seen on ebay carbon brakes just wondered if anyone had tried and tested them or something better send me some links if you have pics

G

Remove the spring on the brake linkage and replace it with a piece of fuel line. That will make a huge difference in brake performance.

Ted Hartman

Also, with the linkage rod disconnected from the brake lever, adjust both set screws in until there is no play in the brake pack. Then back both set screws out 1 1/2 turns. Wash the brake pack out with caliper cleaner/carb cleaner, blow the assembly out with compressed air. Reassemble and adjust play. After all that your DR should nose dive to a stop.

At least all this worked for me, hope it helps you also.

I noticed the DR's break assembly is exposed to the weather/dirt whereas the XB for instance is much more enclosed away from the elements.

Ted

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.