• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best ported head?

rampage idiot

Deluge I have been wanting to ask this question because I do not understand the theory behind these cylinders you are telling rampagemt he does not need the crank but both of those cylinders are machined for a 2mm sroker how does this work without the crank and how would you get the squish correct ? I am confused because I was gonna ask the same question as him because I am thinking about getting a ported cylinder for my MT that has a 30.5 stock motor in it

Deluge

They're both awesome. My next engine build will be an OBR. I'm completely happy with my ESP, though.

rampagemt

I am making my order Wed for the esp 30.5 top end that was mentioned on page 1 along with a new head gaskets and cy pin bearing is there anything else I will need? I don't have a flywheel puller and will wait on that as I just remove head correct? I watched tbe team fast eddy engine rebuild series and the only ? I have is the measurering squish. Will it need to be done? Sorry for the questions. This will be my first time taking apart motor minus the cosmetic stuff.

Deluge

You don't need the flywheel puller to install the head kit. You should check the squish anytime you install a new cylinder or a thinner/thicker cylinder gasket.

rampagemt

Okay. I'm dying to try the top end you recommended fron esp deluge. Should be a beast in my dune runner. Just need the beltdrive and it should be nuts. Hope is a lot better then stock. Just wanting to upgrade to more power until i get my obr engines.

rampage idiot

Deuge you will appreciate this just got off the phone with Doug at ESP motors he said throw away the gasket that comes with it, does not hold up, said to use stock zenoah or if you want to lower the squish use a copper gasket. Seems like a real nice guy definitly knows his stuff, He said to make sure I open the exaust manifold on the top and sides to match his exaust port

rampage idiot

You want to have the hole in the opening (the part of your pipe that bolts to your motor) to match the exaust port in the cylinder , what I mean is when your exaust comes out of the cylinder if the opening in your exaust pipe is smaller the exaust will bounce back into the cylinder. ESP ported the cylinder if you want the job done 100% correct the exaust holes should match, just being a stickler for detail, I port car engines all the time

rampage idiot

rampagemt here is a pic of an old exaust pipe the rectangel shaped hole is the one you do not want to be smaller than rectangel hole in your cylinder

Deluge

rampage idiot said:
Deuge you will appreciate this just got off the phone with Doug at ESP motors he said throw away the gasket that comes with it, does not hold up, said to use stock zenoah or if you want to lower the squish use a copper gasket. Seems like a real nice guy definitly knows his stuff, He said to make sure I open the exaust manifold on the top and sides to match his exaust port
For sure, dude. Doug is a cool guy. Never had a problem with the Zen gaskets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.