• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt drive on dune runner?

G

delta_kilo said:
Will the belt drive work even if you change gears for higher top speed?
The belt drive replaces the gears. The gears come off the belt drive goes on. :)

Guantanamo Joe

The belt drive fits all vehicles... with the dunerunner, you will have to cut the plastic side cover a bit to get it around the belt drive, but other than that, it is a bolt on for all the Redcat Gass 1:5th scale vehicles

G

They are always available. I took the kits down that used the factory gear plates because 7075RC is making us personalized RC PitStop plates. They should be in soon. If someone needs one sooner I can make a kit using the Redcat gear plate. It would be the same cost.

Guantanamo Joe

take a look at RCPitstop's website (left side of the screen) and you can read about it. The Gearplate has to be changed out, but RCPitstop has sub-contracted that part with 7075 RC and they have made up some bad ass replacement gear plates which make the stock ones look cheap :)

G

The kit was actually designed on the Dune Runner branded a different name in Germany.

G

Yeah, if they don't get me something soon, I'll be looking at having pulleys made myself. I've been asking for like 9 months now. I've expressed the large quantity I would purchase. They tell me they are currently working on a multi ratio kit. I am still looking into a new supplier for the pulleys.

bigboysrctoys

Sent my 2 pulleys off 2 buddies machine shop while waiting on plate :) if all goes well ill have a few different sizes to play around with in a couple weeks :)

mulepic

I'd love to look into this. I'm going to be buying tooling for my mill so I can turn small parts (i.e. lathe work). But I need to know where do you get the belts from? Also, are there any detailed pictures of the current set up. For me, I need to keep my low gear ratio (maybe even lower) so fabin' up my own pulleys is ideal. Of course I'll share my pictures and progress w/ everyone.

Guantanamo Joe

www.rcpitstop.net

there are several pictures and a video of the belt drive running.

He also has the belts for about 14 bucks. He has told me that so far nobody has even broken one. Mine has held up extremely well.

mulepic

Cool, I might see Brian tomorrow, I can talk to him about it. If that belt if for a higher gear ratio than what I have in mind I might be able to still use it but make an idler to take up the slack.

krashkrieg

Contributor
bigboysrctoys said:
Sent my 2 pulleys off 2 buddies machine shop while waiting on plate :) if all goes well ill have a few different sizes to play around with in a couple weeks :)
That's sweet!...If you can make a small run, I'm sure several of us on here will take them off your hands.... :rolleyes:

Amsoil Rob

That German supplier has a carbon fiber "extension" that moves the plastic guard out from the chassis. Not sure if the body will still fit though.

mulepic

Amsoil Rob said:
That German supplier has a carbon fiber "extension" that moves the plastic guard out from the chassis. Not sure if the body will still fit though.
Can you provide a link and/or picture of what you are saying?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts