• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt drive on dune runner?

Loud72

Anyone tried the belt drive on the Dune Runner yet? I'm thinking about it for my V3. Just wondering if it is any better for a racing situation where I'll be jumping and bouncing around.

Regards,

Loud72

Last edited by a moderator:

k.jensen

dunno if it will fit, but if it uses the same gearplate as the XT/XB or the old TT then I can't see a problem. I'm running it on my XB for offroad racing = alot of jumping and bouncing arround, and I'll say it's ALOT better than meteal gears

charles8102

Belt Drive

k.jensen said:
dunno if it will fit, but if it uses the same gearplate as the XT/XB or the old TT then I can't see a problem. I'm running it on my XB for offroad racing = alot of jumping and bouncing arround, and I'll say it's ALOT better than meteal gears
What makes it better than metal gears? Although I don't know exactly how it performs, according to RC pit stop (http://www.rcpitstop.net/aftermarket.html) the belt drive fits Dunerunner.

k.jensen

charles8102 said:
What makes it better than metal gears? Although I don't know exactly how it performs, according to RC pit stop (http://www.rcpitstop.net/aftermarket.html) the belt drive fits Dunerunner.
well Ive seen a big improvement on my car's preformance, much quickker at the buttom and more speed at the top. and that's even though the gear ratio is the stock one (1:1) also, you've only got ONE part that's beeing whorn, and that's the belt, cheep. PLUS I love the look of it :D

charles8102

k.jensen said:
well Ive seen a big improvement on my car's preformance, much quickker at the buttom and more speed at the top. and that's even though the gear ratio is the stock one (1:1) also, you've only got ONE part that's beeing whorn, and that's the belt, cheep. PLUS I love the look of it :D
I agree the look is sweet. I havent made my mind up on what i want to get yet (Dunerunner, XB or Baja 5b) but which ever one i get i want to add the belt drive. I don't "think" the belt drive will work on baja though.

G

Just to clarify, the Dune Runner has the same gear plate as the other Redcat gassers. The belt drive does fit the Dune Runner. The Dune Runner is not a copy of the 5b they are completely different.

Guantanamo Joe

delta_kilo said:
Will the belt drive work even if you change gears for higher top speed?
The belt drive replaces all the gears and takes your truck to a 1:1 ratio.

It will spool up faster because you are not turning that massive chunk of gears any more.

The belt does fit the DuneRunners gear plate, but the plastic piece that is on the outside of the chasis will need to be altered because it will not fit over the belt drive. Because of this, I put the only belt drive I have on my MT instead, but I am about to order another for the DuneRunner and just figure out the fabrication.

Guantanamo Joe

I broke my body and havent bothered to replace it yet... I am looking into maybe making one that just covers the front 3 pins- out of kydex... we shall see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.