• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bearing and hub upgrade rampage mt

kelrod58801

I am awaiting the arrival of my new truck and am on the prowl for info and upgrades needed , would rather do them then to break down. Has anyone had issues with wheel bearings or bearing hubs that would make sense to replace right away??? Also what should i do with the steering servos and is there any pro steering parts that one should swap on before damage ??

I have read many posts here and this group of guys seems cool and ontop of the game , glad to be a part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Wheel bearings on the MT are fine. Servos need upgrading. My throttle servo crapped out right away. My hitec steering servos are still in the box. My stockers are still hanging in there.

454chad

tough trucks like RCDAD said throttle servo steering seems ok on them a 990 walbro and a pipe would be a good start and a 5b airfilter you will love it

REVOlutionary Rampage

Ditto, to the above posts. I also changed out my steering servo's as well because they burnt up. And, while I was at it put a good throttle servo in it that I had kicking around. My stocker was still good but I didn't want it to go while I was driving my truck.

Trickle007

Contributor
Ti turnbuckles from python is a nice upgrade.... I have broken countless stock turnbuckles (fronts). 813 or 990 walbro carb is a nice upgrade also.

greaser

Where are you guys finding your big mah batteries? The best i can find in 6v is 2500.

G

DDM, and Killer RC is where I've purchased mine.

Last edited:

kelrod58801

Thanks guys

It came , i filled it with ice auger gas , charged the battery and WOW to heck with traxas stuff!!!!!! . added a rear mount jetpro and steering servos and a new hpi hump pack , ordered front cv shafts and upgraded the bearings and changed gearing and like i said WOW what a unit. am getting ready to order and xb next and just tinker with them both but am very impressed with the quality , not the redcat stuff i was exposed to in the past.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts