• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery box body pin mod

Motakitty

When you drill the holes bigger just be sure you don't go all the way through on three holes that secure the box to the chassis otherwise you won't be able to reinstall the box. The hole thats right by the on/off switch doesn't matter if you go all the way through. I like to put tape around the drill bit to act as a depth gauge

G

The lipo plugs into the power switch. If you shut the switch off the battery will not drain. ;)

Stygian

Banned
I leave the lipo battery plugged in on my Rustler VXL and haven't had that issue thank god.

MrMeatHooks

RCDAD said:
Looks good.I just never open mine up. LOL
I'm with you. I have mine hanging out the box where the servos go in and un plug the power when I'm done to recharge. One battery is enough IMO. Not many people drive for more then an hour at a time ;)

G

MrMeatHooks said:
I'm with you. I have mine hanging out the box where the servos go in and un plug the power when I'm done to recharge. One battery is enough IMO. Not many people drive for more then an hour at a time ;)
With the lipos, its way more than an hour. I run the 7200mah Killer RC pacs, and they last months. All my vehicles have lights also.

Motakitty

I used to have mine just hanging out too but I wanted a cleaner look. With my wiring I have to have it clean, im kinda ocd with that it makes it so much easier to work on your rc if the wiring isn't in the way

Restomod

Great mod Thanks!! On the Lipo subject I generally don't trust them at all, mine are always stored in a steel ammo can when not being used.

Motakitty

Thanks. I think the box should come this way from the factory since those screws are so annoying and the one under the air filter is hard to get to

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts