• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

balancing Mt tires

scooby61

Just tried to balance my Mt tires can't believe how far out these are from factory. I ran out of weights after two and they are not even completely done. While a test run shows significant improvement over the tires I've yet t loo balance. It seems a bit crazy that I had to use so much weight. The two I balanced used the same amount of weight on one side is there something else causing this? Can't see how rims and tires from the same mould could be that far out.

robygon

Same thing happened to me with my XT. What kind of weight you used?

I had to use the lead weghts you normally use in car rims.

It worked fine and it runs smooth without the tire wobbling. Painted black you'll have to look hard to find them.

robygon

You can get a tire balancer on ebay, probably make it yourself. There's videos on YouTube explaining the hole thing. Balancing the tires will make it run smoother and less locktite is needed. ;)

scooby61

I used a du-bro propeller balancer and drilled out the little cone pieces for a 1/4 inch rod. Then I pulled one wheel hub and mounted that in the rim. Used fuel line to hold the cone pieces on then you spin the assembly and the heavy side will stop at the bottom.

rcgasser

I agree I balance all of my tires it does give you a much smoother ride less vibration longer costing time off throttle and helps make the tire wear evenly. You can alos buy a tire balanceer as I have shown above it has an arrow and you can see the weights at the bottom. A correct balance tire will never stop the arrow in the same place when you give it a small spin. If the arrow keeps stopping in the same place that means that the below the arrow part is heavy so add some weight to the top of the wheel until its balance.

rcgasser

Yea its noe big enough for the MT tires but it will balance most other 1/5 scale tires.

infamous212

While i was break-in my MT, I've noticed two of the wheels/tires were wobbling. So by reading this thread, these wheels CAN be balanced. Is there a balancer that work with stock MT tire?

scooby61

infamous212 said:
While i was break-in my MT, I've noticed two of the wheels/tires were wobbling. So by reading this thread, these wheels CAN be balanced. Is there a balancer that work with stock MT tire?
I built one from a great planes prop balancer. And yes it helped a great deal. I even balanced my losi 5ive wheels and it smoothed it out noticeably.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.