• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anybody purchased the new redcat shocks yet

Clubin

Banned
I wonder if the shafts are better? They look good, but my question aswell is how do they perform? Or are they just for looks.

Bklyn77

RedCat PiggyBack Shocks

I have them on my MT. Beware that when you buy them, that you should have some washers handy because the hole to where the shock mounts to the shock tower is to big. I even called Redcat yesterday to find out what they are doing to fix this problem and also gave Rob a call also to give him the heads up. I got them mounted on the truck lastnight, and they look real nice and beefy. I recommed them to anyone looking for a nice upgrade for your ride.

Bryan 70546

Bklyn77 said:
I have them on my MT. Beware that when you buy them, that you should have some washers handy because the hole to where the shock mounts to the shock tower is to big. I even called Redcat yesterday to find out what they are doing to fix this problem and also gave Rob a call also to give him the heads up. I got them mounted on the truck lastnight, and they look real nice and beefy. I recommed them to anyone looking for a nice upgrade for your ride.
Thanks Thats the info i needed Have you run Your truck yet and gave the shocks a good work out to see how they will hold up.Do you have pics of them mounted to your truck:D

Thanks

Bryan

Bryan 70546

RampageHopUps said:
I will pick up a set today and figure out what went wrong. Then we can send out the washers or bushing or whatever is needed.
Rob looking at the new shocks and comparing them to the old ones, why cant you just unpress the mounting ball out of the old shock and into the new ones that might be why the mounting hole is to big .That way you have the orignal mouting setup with the bolt and nut and the spacer.

RampageHopUps

The aluminum mounting point does not have a groove built in, like the plastic. It has a hoel through, so you need to add a washer to stop it from moving back and forth.

Bryan 70546

RampageHopUps said:
The aluminum mounting point does not have a groove built in, like the plastic. It has a hoel through, so you need to add a washer to stop it from moving back and forth.
Well I guess i will wait till they correct them before I spend the money.

RampageHopUps

They won't be "fixing" it, that is how it needs to be made. The plastic groove works by expanding over the ball. The aluminum will not expand over the steel ball, so they made it a slip fit over it.

Bryan 70546

RampageHopUps said:
They won't be "fixing" it, that is how it needs to be made. The plastic groove works by expanding over the ball. The aluminum will not expand over the steel ball, so they made it a slip fit over it.
Oh ok Thanks for clearing that up Mr.Rob

I thought it was made wrong sorry about that.

Bklyn77

Here is how I mounted mine on.

P1020299 (Custom).jpg

P1020301 (Custom).jpg

/monthly_2008_12/583c60542314a_P1020299(Custom).jpg.a8d057e2b6259e37c86c185554cc0aa5.jpg

/monthly_2008_12/583c605424521_P1020301(Custom).jpg.899d56dd6ce2124757c3da8fa5d40c4e.jpg

Bklyn77

They run a whole lot better than the original shocks and also feel alot more responsive threw the bumps, thats one thing that I look for coming from a background of racing 1/8 buggys and truggies. All is good!!!!!

Bryan 70546

Bklyn77 said:
They run a whole lot better than the original shocks and also feel alot more responsive threw the bumps, thats one thing that I look for coming from a background of racing 1/8 buggys and truggies. All is good!!!!!
Well thats what I have been waiting to hear . Thanks for your help. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts