• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Any horror stories or complaint from neighbors guys?

alfred e numan

yea, here i am online saying this--lol! - a boy is supposed to come home tired, muddy-dusty with assorted cuts and bruses. its being a kid! heck, we only had 3 channels on the boob tube-had a big antenna to pull it in- no kid was into it except on saturday am- looney tunes- bugs, daffy-jonney quest, on sunday evenings we went up tp Arnolds home- had a big meal and all sat down to watch a real color tv! - walt disney- marlen perkins wild kingdom- then went home -sleep and get ready for another week of adventure- sayy- there was this girl- nick named cleet, she could do anything we boys did- one of the guys- man, you should have seen her when she got older- a knock out! - never saw her for 20 years after graduation- the one evening at work- saw her at the break room- just as in shape as ever- seems that if kids play hard when young- they stay in decent shape as they age- i did.

alfred e numan

got a little bit before the foods done- soo- we were always doing harmless stunts- down at the river the state put these out houses there- no treatment in the pots- when the river got high in spring the water table rose to about 4-6" from the crappers lid- we would snag these big river suckers and toss them in the crapper- they would live for weeks- it was a riot to watch the big city folks on the weekends use the crapper- those big- 2-2 1/2 feet long river suckers would sometimes splash- trash around as people were useing the crapper- come running out with there pants half way down screaming- We used to have these really big keg parties up the forks of derby canyon in high school weekends- the sherrif knew full well we were 15-16-17 years old- long as we stayed put till morning it was cool with him-- he knew most of us worked before-after school all week- figured we earned it.

GoffeeRedCat

Deluge said:
Holy crap. That sucks! Kinda scary that HOA's have that much power.
This was a special case, the Board Presidents wife is a police officer and she was irritate when she found out that the bad neighbors filed a false report....she has zero tolerance for that!! So she kind of pushed her husband to get them out!

GoffeeRedCat

ChuenouXiao said:
I've mostly ran my XB at the park but lately peeps are telling me to turn it down (HOW THE FREAK DO I TURN IT DOWN ANYWAYS?) or move somewhere away from their kids (THIS IS THE BEST SPOT HOW CAN YOU SAY I MOVE?). It's just frustrating now... I wish there is a 1/5 scale track here but I guess ecom is bad so peeps are not running 1/5 scale resulting in no tracks here in north cal?
Dude your at a public park you can do what ever you want as long as your not destructing any property!! I've checked with my park district and that's what they said...you should ask yours

ChuenouXiao

GoffeeRedCat said:
Dude your at a public park you can do what ever you want as long as your not destructing any property!! I've checked with my park district and that's what they said...you should ask yours
I understand and agree... I was just trying to be civil and reasonable. I use that to leverage my point across people who are UN-reasonable. This lady at the park and some other folks are training their toddler to play soccer and her excuse is the kids don't pay attention to the training.... not that it was my first time running too. I could of told her to freak off because this is a public area and she can call the cops if she wants to but instead I told her I will be reasonable and move. BTW, where am I going to move to? That area was the best location to bash too.... people these days..... I'm sure they feel the same way for me.

At this one other park here in Sacramento, this black guy came up to me and told me to tune it down a little cause his wife is on the phone? In my head I was like, WTF? He also said "Cool car (and smile)". It's not like I'm there to show off my car, I'm there to tune and enjoy my time. First of all.... how would i tune it down? Second.... if you don't like it close the window, turn on the AC and or leave. That's what I would do. So I just simply leave.... not in retreat, but to say I'm tire of you....

I really need a new bash spot.... going to go back and run anyways but less. Have to find a better location in Sac here :D

Last edited by a moderator:

alfred e numan

be nice and diplomatic. BUT hold yer ground dude. take no crap off a phone user. be very careful around kids- a 25 pound car can --- well you know. The upside for you is the fact that winters on its way- soon as bad weather arrives i bet at times you will pretty much have it to your self. Me? I like running in rain-snow-you can feed the xb more fuel with the needles and really honk on!! I wait till the sprinklers have soaked one place i dig around on. love it!!

ChuenouXiao

alfred e numan said:
be nice and diplomatic. BUT hold yer ground dude. take no crap off a phone user. be very careful around kids- a 25 pound car can --- well you know. The upside for you is the fact that winters on its way- soon as bad weather arrives i bet at times you will pretty much have it to your self. Me? I like running in rain-snow-you can feed the xb more fuel with the needles and really honk on!! I wait till the sprinklers have soaked one place i dig around on. love it!!
You are correct on that bud. My wife told me the same thing; that when winter arrives I will have it all to myself :D Yep....thanks for the uplifting reminder :D

Stumpdiggitty

i'm in Idaho and my neighbors a cop. i told my wife (cuz she freaks out about the neighbors)i don't care who comes and tell me its too loud...eff em... but if Nick (the cop) comes and tells me its too loud, then I'll know i'm disturbing the peace. No one really cares tho. we were the first people to move into a house on this block.. my rules lol....

Stumpdiggitty

hey Bert, 'm in Twin Falls... U? wonderful weather yesterday lol!!! could take the cold breeze for longer than 10 mins before the fingers went numb!!! :D sure would be nice to have a bashing buddy...

BertR

Im only 25 miles away from you. I work in the woodriver valley but live in shoshone. Bashing here we come if my hitec servos get here befor this weekend

Stumpdiggitty

nice!!! I'm totally looking forward to that!! yeah, my Hitec servo took a crap as well... hhmmm... back to the old stocker for steering lol... works better than the Hitec did.. my wife goes to shoshone everyday for work!

bob c.

I drive a truck for a living and I run Fla/Ga/Cal..back and forth so I get to run in a lot of cool places. Just wish I had other peeps to run with,but you can not have everything. The only thing that bothers me is telling the Sam story over and over you know ,how fast is it,how much do you have in it,can I run it ,but that only happens when I pull it out at a truck stop so I don't do it much..don't get me wrong I love people having a interest in the hobby it just after the 20th time it gets to be a pain and no fun no more

BertR

I feel the pain bob! Every time I fire up the xsc I get swarmed by kids. The most things I hear " I can drive it better than you !! do you want to see" nothing worse than kids chasing your kit with a bike it's no fun

Chief409

alfred e numan said:
yea, its not just here in this town- i see this change all over- poor eating habits- texiting-being digitally opated by liveing on the internet- the internet is a wonderful thing- but -- ya gotta balance things out- the young and quite a few adults need to toughen up - get out and do real things- life is wonderful if you do not burn out. any one else notice this change in people?
I live and grew up in the country. As a kid outside a Washington State log town, I was setting chokers before I was 15. Had a fireplace, so cutting and splitting fireplace wood as soon as I was big enough to swing an ax and run a chain saw. Over 60 now, and maintain remote mountain top radio sites among other things. The other day my work truck took a dump on the way to a site, so I just walked up the mountain, fixed things and walked back down. And got the truck back home. Called the boss the next morning and told him I needed a rental until parts come in for the truck, and mentioned walking into the site. I heard his jaw hit the floor over the phone, hilarious!

I KNOW not one of the younger 30 somethings in the group would of walked in. I just figure it's part of the job.

And I don't have problems with neighbors, could but I don't. If they bitch, I ignore 'em. Everyone does something someone doesn't like, things have happened I could make a fuss about, I don't and they know it. Besides, we're all retired military here, just outside of Edwards AFB, so we have a common background.

Stumpdiggitty

Its the "my slash is faster than that" kids that really get to me. My son has this friend that all he does is brag. Everything he has is the best or better. I told that littlw turd "go get ur slash then and ill crushh it" his response "oh, cant race right now, I blew my motor. But if it did run, it would be faster." yeah, shut up then lol.

Stumpdiggitty

Hey chief, born n raised in lancaster. How u like it out there? Im In idaho now, love it and will never move back to the desert!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts