• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

and with Trencher tires

Chief409

Put the HPI adapters on and mounted the Baja 5T Trencher tires premounted on Split Six wheels.

Old and New Rear

2012-10-16181250.jpg

Old and New Front

2012-10-16180754.jpg

The New Look. I like it!

2012-10-16181942.jpg

2012-10-16182905.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Those look great on there! Trenchers are awesome, great traction.

Chief409

This is the last big buck change until after Christmas. Minor stuff now, like finishing trimming the body on the left side. I guess the body cut outs are for a smaller engine, so it's rubbing on the middle roll cage post, engine shroud, fan shroud (and Outerwears cover) in stock form. Rough trimmed 1/4" with scissors, I'll stop and pick up a white grease pencil, mark the trim line and use the Dremel to finish, matching up with the clearance the body has around things on the right side. Where it rested on the front edge of the engine shroud it wore a notch, it doesn't take long with the vibration. I'm glad I caught it before the Outerwears cover got sliced and diced.

Hopefully around Christmas someone will come out with a rear exhaust made for the 30cc Dune Runner.

mulepic

I put the rovans on and they are actually a little smaller than stock. I guess we have options. But I was hoping for the same size as stock or a little bigger. Maybe trenchers will be my next set.

G

The MVD V4 wheel/tires are a bit larger.

G

Here is an example.

From left to right.

Proline Trencher (5t), MCD V4 wheel, & a Nutech wheel which is about the same size as a 5b wheel/tire combo.

-

BA9B0B3C-0C3A-43E7-9C57-FA68BBEF73FE-290-0000003B2A4EA223.jpg

Chief409

It RUNS, and sometimes NOT!

Got off work and decided to get the Trenchers dirty. Well, they got dirty all right, but not because the engine was running. LSN 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns - CHECK, Killer Bee - STEADY GREEN, Fuel - full, Prime - YES, bulb full, CHOKE - ON, Pull for pop - no pop, FLOODED. Try CHOKE OFF, nothing. DAMM that worked last time.

So out comes the spark plug, it's all wet. Check for spark - good. Turn the buggy upside down, wait 15 - 30 min and repeat all the above. Many times, I have a couple of blisters. 90 degrees out here, the heck with this! Drain the tank and head inside.

Is there a kit to replace the recoil starter so you can use a drill motor instead? AH, I answered my own question. I just saw the thread about Rotostart.

LargeScaleOnline is currently out of stock of this 3402 - Drill Starter for CY or Zenoah Motors - By GTB Racing, but it's in my Wish List. When I get the email saying they're in, I'm getting one. Even if it's BEFORE Christmas!

Till then, the dang recoil starter. I'm wearing gloves tomorrow when I try.

mulepic

You have much more patience than me. I knew if I went through what you just did I'd be selling the thing. I have hard enough time getting around the track with a perfectly good car, the last thing I need is a motor holding me back. That's why as soon as I got the DR I took the motor out (as tempting as it was to simply put gas and go) and started the electric conversion.

I hope you get it figured out soon, it's no fun not being able to run.

G

Chief409 said:
It RUNS, and sometimes NOT!Got off work and decided to get the Trenchers dirty. Well, they got dirty all right, but not because the engine was running. LSN 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns - CHECK, Killer Bee - STEADY GREEN, Fuel - full, Prime - YES, bulb full, CHOKE - ON, Pull for pop - no pop, FLOODED. Try CHOKE OFF, nothing. DAMM that worked last time.

So out comes the spark plug, it's all wet. Check for spark - good. Turn the buggy upside down, wait 15 - 30 min and repeat all the above. Many times, I have a couple of blisters. 90 degrees out here, the heck with this! Drain the tank and head inside.

Is there a kit to replace the recoil starter so you can use a drill motor instead? AH, I answered my own question. I just saw the thread about Rotostart.

LargeScaleOnline is currently out of stock of this 3402 - Drill Starter for CY or Zenoah Motors - By GTB Racing, but it's in my Wish List. When I get the email saying they're in, I'm getting one. Even if it's BEFORE Christmas!

You probably flooded it out of the get go. If the plug gets wet with fuel it will never start. When this happens leave the plug out for an hour reinstall and try to start it like its warm.

Chief409

When, I get it running, I'm running the wheels off, or the KB kills it because the battery is low! :)

Since the Traxxas TQi radio system failsafe gives the KB fits, the radio glitch function of the KB is disabled. I even checked that. And the failsafe works as advertised when I turned off the Tx. I hadn't checked that before. Oops.

Chief409

Thanks. With the choke on, as warm as it was, it likely flooded by the second pull. I'll try without the choke today. I'm still getting a drill starter ASAP. either the GTB or Killer Bee, whichever shows up first. If you have DeWalt drill motors, use 'em is my new motto!

'Sides, I've fixed a couple of recoil starters. They all break sooner or later. A PITA.

G

'Sides, I've fixed a couple of recoil starters. They all break sooner or later. A PITA.
desismileys_6171.gif I consider them a disposable product. I replace it instead of monkeying around with them.

Chief409

RCDAD said:
desismileys_6171.gif I consider them a disposable product. I replace it instead of monkeying around with them.
Ain't that the truth!

Hopefully one or the other of the drill starter kits will arrive before I break the recoil one. THEN no more money on RC until after Christmas. HA! :p

Deluge

Chief409 said:
It RUNS, and sometimes NOT!Got off work and decided to get the Trenchers dirty. Well, they got dirty all right, but not because the engine was running. LSN 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns - CHECK, Killer Bee - STEADY GREEN, Fuel - full, Prime - YES, bulb full, CHOKE - ON, Pull for pop - no pop, FLOODED. Try CHOKE OFF, nothing. DAMM that worked last time.

I always bring gloves! Learned that from my Nitro days.

Chief409

Not so much about luck. It's the difference between hand cranking a Model T and the invention of the Bendix starter.

Chief409

Chief409 said:
Just old and spoiled. My nitro truck is a T-Maxx. I haven't had a recoil start anything since I switched to electric yard equipment. Can anyone guess why I made that switch? :)
2012-10-14221049.jpg

Chief409

Well those Trencher Tires got real dirty today! And I discovered that Outerwears can't keep all the flour like dirt from the air filter. Enough gets through that I need to clean the filters after EVERY tank of gas. And, it'll start on one pull!

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's 2 pictures.

Outta gas and time for a tow.

The doggie leash tow works GREAT!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts