• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aluminum Futaba mount servo options

chevy

Here's an easy way to fix your servo mounting problems if you run one servo for steering, if you run two servo's for steering this still works but the servo mounts that are under the battery box would still be plastic, the aluminum futaba servo mount works with many aftermarket servo's, I use one hitec-805bb with the aluminum futaba servo mount with no modding or drilling, just loc-tite the bolts, also you have to use the forward set of mounting holes on the chassis to fit the hitec 805bb, the throttle plate lines up purfect I included a few pictures of when I installed the futaba mount and the hitec 805bb in my TT... Also starting a list of servos that work with the aluminum futaba mount without having to modify or drill holes,!

#1.hitec hs-805bb

#2.Hitec hs-5755mg

#3. hitec hs-5765mg

#4. Hitec hs-5745mg

#5. hpi sfl-10

#6. hitec hs-805mg

#7. Turnigy s8166m

thats all i can think of right now if theirs any servo's i missed or anything i need to add that you can think feel free to correct me thanks and hope this helps..

Last edited by a moderator:

v555

chevy said:
Here's an easy way to fix your servo mounting problems if you run one servo for steering, if you run two servo's for steering this still works but the servo mounts that are under the battery box would still be plastic, the aluminum futaba servo mount works with many aftermarket servo's, I use one hitec-805bb with the aluminum futaba servo mount with no modding or drilling, just loc-tite the bolts, also you have to use the forward set of mounting holes on the chassis to fit the hitec 805bb, the throttle plate lines up purfect I included a few pictures of when I installed the futaba mount and the hitec 805bb in my TT... Also starting a list of servos that work with the aluminum futaba mount without having to modify or drill holes,!
#1.hitec hs-805bb

#2.Hitec hs-5755mg

#3. hitec hs-5765mg

#4. Hitec hs-7985mg

#5. hitec hs-7955tg

#6. hitec hs-805mg

#7. Turnigy servo??

thats all i can think of right now if theirs any servo's i missed or anything i need to add that you can think feel free to correct me thanks and hope this helps..
7955/7985 will not work for steering -those are standard size servos. you can use them for gas/throttle -or use for steering with extra gas/throttle servo mount plate.

grizzledcamudgen

v555 said:
7955/7985 will not work for steering -those are standard size servos. you can use them for gas/throttle -or use for steering with extra gas/throttle servo mount plate.
I just bought the 5755 for steering and it does not line up with holes at all!

Do they have a mount plate for that or do I have to Jerry rig it?

I have the V3 Rampage MT Pro.

grizzledcamudgen

UPDATE:

I just removed the original aluminum servo mount, shaved off lower nub (on both mounts) and re-drilled holes to accept a small bolt and nut for the new servo. SOLVED

I included some pics, I still haven't buttoned it all up yet. Just showing you what I was talking about.

chevy

Oh ok you ment the stock mount didnt line up the srock servo holes are not common, with the aluminum futaba mount you don't have to drill or do any grinding also gives you more servo options

grizzledcamudgen

chevy said:
Oh ok you ment the stock mount didnt line up the srock servo holes are not common, with the aluminum futaba mount you don't have to drill or do any grinding also gives you more servo options
Is this the one you are talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Servo-Mount-Ko-Futaba-Sanwa-Fits-Mini-Inferno-/190431693871?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item2c569d0c2f

How does the throttle servo mount to this, how does this go in? Does anyone have any pics of the aluminum Futaba mount being used?

Thanks!

chevy

nice mod grizzled tha looks clean not messy and crooked!but no thats not the mount.. here's a link to the mount.....

http://rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=368&categoryId=6

in my first posts with the pictures you can see the hitec 805bb being mounted and i describe how to mount it if your going to use the hitec 5755 then you need to use the small third piece in the kit (picture #5) i don't have any pictures of the 5755 mounted with the futaba mount but it works because it can slide back or forward to line up also you need to use the stock mounting bolts and you'll need 6 servo mounting screws and washers! to mount the servo to the mount!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts