• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

aluminum diff case #050060 fot MT V3

carp boyz

Banned
good mornin fellas

got a little question for ya's

I was thinkin about swapping out my plastic diff cases on my MT V3 with the aluminum diff cases # 050060 and was wondering if they are any better than the plastic diffs besides the bling factor and if there's any pros or cons about them

thanks in advance

Deluge

I had great results with the plastic cases, so I didn't feel the need to upgrade. Though if there were any benefits, they would be reducing flex within the case and the bearings would run cooler, since it's basically a huge heatsink.

Silent_chaos

If you increase your engine power the area above the bearing will overheat and your box will fail(due to other factors as well like chassis flex, tire type and terrain.)

Deluge

Silent_chaos said:
If you increase your engine power the area above the bearing will overheat and your box will fail(due to other factors as well like chassis flex, tire type and terrain.)
That's with the XT/XB vehicles. The MT diff case is very durable, even with modified engines.

carp boyz

Banned
Deluge said:
That's with the XT/XB vehicles. The MT diff case is very durable, even with modified engines.
good to hear,maybe I'll just stick with the plastic for now

on this mt I'll be using the xb/xt shocks,custom shock mounts/towers,baja 5sc wheels and a rear mount Dom fast pipe

no better way to find out than some thorough testing eh lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.