• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air Filter Upgrade Advice

Quester

On my Rampage MT I,ve got the stock air filter, carb, and HY30CC motor. I've seen a lot of recommendations to upgrade to an HPI filter but I'm kind of confused about which filters are compatable with the stock carbs. Can someone please hook me up with some links to the correct parts that I should get?...and a link to the 8000 clutch springs I keep reading about?

Also I'm on the fence about the Walbro WT-990 should I or shouldn't I and if I do what air filter should I get for it?

....and could someone explain exactly what a velocity stack on your filter does and are they worth using?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Pretty much any air filter that will fit a Baja, will fit a Rampage.

The HPI filter is the most common upgrade.

Air Filter Set

I'd upgrade to the 990.

Velocity stacks don't really provide any noticeable performance gains. Many just use them to make air filter changing easier. I'm running a Shreadstack and I haven't really noticed any gains.

The basic idea behind a velocity stack is it'll speed up and smooth out the air that enters the carb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quester

Deluge said:
Velocity stacks don't really provide any noticeable performance gains. Many just use them to make air filter changing easier. I'm running a Shreadstack and I haven't really noticed any gains.The basic idea behind a velocity stack is it'll speed up and smooth out the air that enters the carb.
Thanks for the explanation. That clears it up for me.

Have you upgraded your clutch springs?

Quester

Deluge said:
I'd stay away from K&N style filters. They don't offer much protection against dirt.
Oh ok, I think I've seen a few posts about those. Are those the ones that have to be swapped out frequently and have visible pinholes when held up to a light? They let the air flow in but a lot of dirt gets into the engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts