• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

aftermarket pipe requiring least body cutting

jonathan13

Hey guys. My MT arrives today. I have already bought the killswitch and the new servos. I am ready to buy a tuned pipe. My main concern is buying one that can be covered by the body (or as close to that as possible). I do not want a big side mount pipe sticking out, and I want to keep cutting the body to a minimum.

Which pipe is going to fit under the MT body the best and require the least amount of cutting and trimming on the body?

Thanks guys!

G

The only one that doesn't require cutting the body is the rear mount Jetpro. It does require to remove the back bumper though. The CPI IMO requires the least amount of body cutting.

You could run a Catbox, it fits under the body, but it does not give as much performance gain as a tuned pipe.

rampage idiot

I have run both the CPI and the Jetpro rear mount on my MT and neither requires much, but on the important side I will say I like the Jetpro better! my opinion! A lot of guys like the side dominator but I have never tried one

rampage idiot

RCDAD said:
The only one that doesn't require cutting the body is the rear mount Jetpro. It does require to remove the back bumper though. The CPI IMO requires the least amount of body cutting. You could run a Catbox, it fits under the body, but it does not give as much performance gain as a tuned pipe.
We gotta quit doing this! LOL

Sergio

I installed a fast pipe i don't like the side pipes i had to cut the body a little the bumper and shock tower i know i could have use the dune runner tower but i wanted to be able to still use the MT body at first the pipe was leaking to much but i think i got it where i wanted i love how it looks as soon as the weather changes im gonna Run it hard and see if i fix the leak problem what i wonder is why ddm jetpro or anybody wont come out with a pipe that is rear mounted For the Mt i mean look at the fast pipe all ddm has to do is make it a bit longer.

G

Nice install!

Sergio

rampage idiot said:
Looks good man! Jetpro does make a rear mount for the MT that is what I am running now!
Yeah but you got to remove the rear bumper and it goes around the shock I have a jetpro on my xb and love it but wished it didn't go around the shock but I know with the xb the shock tower don't give you many options

rampage idiot

I know that is the only bad thing going around the shock like it does! RCDAD has a nice setup on one of his rides where he ran the pipe through the shock tower then swung to the side! and I just didn't care about a rear bumper

Sergio

rampage idiot said:
I know that is the only bad thing going around the shock like it does! RCDAD has a nice setup on one of his rides where he ran the pipe through the shock tower then swung to the side! and I just didn't care about a rear bumper
I love thee jetpro don't get me wrong but I wish someone would make a pipe for the MT that sits the way the fast pipe does I think and hope I got it where I want it but the my set up is there is too many places where it can leak and I'm sure we all hate that

rampage idiot

Sergio said:
I love thee jetpro don't get me wrong but I wish someone would make a pipe for the MT that sits the way the fast pipe does I think and hope I got it where I want it but the my set up is there is too many places where it can leak and I'm sure we all hate that
Yeh I agree that is a really nice setup the way you have it! You know you do have another option send an email to Dino at Jetpro with the picture of yours and see what he says! Never know

Sergio

rampage idiot said:
Yeh I agree that is a really nice setup the way you have it! You know you do have another option send an email to Dino at Jetpro with the picture of yours and see what he says! Never know
Yeah I'll do that worst thing that can happen he says no won't do it

KauseKaos

Sergio said:
Man your mt looks brand spanking new did you just got it mine had some unexpected encounters with trees lol
Yeah it's still pretty much new. About 4 tanks thru it. Only one with all the upgrades. Once it's not as wet outside I'll get her out more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.