• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Adding dual steering servo on xt?

rroberson7805

Anyone know a good process or would like to share what they know to convert a xt to dual steering servo like the Mt has? I'm wanting to strengthen my steering, truck is faster now and turning is weak compared to the torque it puts out, wants to go straight when accelerating and not turn much unless I let off the gas. There is a YouTube video of this being done but it's not explained well wich Mt parts are needed and what needs to be modified. Thanks fellas and as always any and all is greatly appreciated. 0af135dca11f2c9cf97c23e1ca987a2f.jpg

Ice_2k

First, check to make sure that the steering force is the problem. Your servo might have enough force and turn your wheels but the forward power from the rear wheels might simply cause it to understeer, in which case no amount of servo power will help you. You can easily test this by having someone take a video (preferably a high fps video that you can then slow down and watch, like the iPhone's default slomo mode) and see if the wheels are actually turning when you want them to. If it is indeed a servo issue, I think it would be much simpler to just get a better servo. I know many MT owners actually convert to a single servo setup and get a really beefy servo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.