• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

A Few Questions

T3X

sorry i meant 1 1/2 on the high. ok so now remember im a newbie at all this and im sorry to ask but when your tunning the high and the low what exactly are we looking and listening for. so far ive learned to lean and your engine stalls out and two rich you burn ton more fuel and get alot more smoke. but thats just the jist of it. i wanna know a little more as to what im actually trying to do. an idiot proof explanation will really help me out. im sorry if this is too much to ask but ive looked at some videos about tuning and it doesn't really go much in depth about it. so yea... help please lol.

T3X

yea i looked at that one several times and im just not experienced enough to hear the differences hes talking about when tuning. i unnno ima try looking at it again and see what becomes of it.

PrjctStrtFrce

Silent_chaos said:
You might also need to upgrade your wheels/tires sometime soon for a better grip/traction.most manufacturers have manufactured wheels/tires for Baja HPI.

you will be needing the adaptors in order to directly install them on your rampage:

http://www.rcpitstop.net/wheel-adapters.html

once installed, you will be able to fit almost all kinds of tires.
Is there a difference between these adapters and the vertigo adapters, or just the price???

G

Both are the extended type. The Vertigo units have a slightly different style.

T3X

ok so i looked at that video and i think im kinda getting the hang of it, anyways my other concern is; i upgraded my batery pack to the hpi hump pack. so ive drilled a hole in my radio cover to send out the xl connector so i can charge it without removing it every single time, i know its no longer water proof but im not planning on running it in water. anyways my question is there any type of device that can tell me the battery level i have a ramtech killer switch installed. so i don't know if anything like that exists but if it does can someone link me to it.

kydo32

claude bigelow said:
I used the Zrc aluminum intake from DDM. As far as the air filter, I went with the hpi Baja air filter also picked up at DDM. For the pipe I went with the jetpro side pipe.
claude when you used the zrc was the stock bolts to bolt carb on to manifold to long ? I bought the ada one and screws are to long? its even thinner then my stock manifold I know this is old thread but Its the search I got

claude bigelow

kydo32 said:
claude when you used the zrc was the stock bolts to bolt carb on to manifold to long ? I bought the ada one and screws are to long? its even thinner then my stock manifold I know this is old thread but Its the search I got
Sorry when this was installed, someone else did it. This was before I realized how important it is to work on your ride. Hopefully someone else will chime in and offer some help. It was a lesson learned for me, never pay for something you can do yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts