• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

A Few Questions

Silent_chaos

25:1 means that every 250ml of fuel, you need 10 ml of oil and mix them (synthetic is better). So 1liter of fuel is to be mixed with 40 ml of oil.

There are a lot of vids on youtube that teach you how to break an engine.

The redcat will be alive after almost 5 full tanks.

Breaking is done by 1st adjusting the low needle of your carb to 1.6 turns(open it) and letting your engine run without driving it. Keep the high needle at 1.75 turns. Just start it and leave it till ur 1st tank is finished. The point is leaving ur engine running in low rpms.

After the 1st tank, adjust your low needle to 1.4 or 1.5 turns. And the high needle to 1.5 turns.

The goal in the 2nd tank is to make your car run half a throttle at a time. Half throttle for 3 secs and stop. Half throttle for 3 secs and stop... etc..

Keep repeating the above till your 2nd tank is done.

Congrats. Your engine is broken. You can now drive full throttle but don't push it.

Now, Lower the low needle turn to 1.25 and keep high needle to 1.5.

After your 5th tank. Drop the low needle to 1 turn. Keep your high needle at 1.5

Good luck, have fun and bash hard

T3X

ohh man alright this sounds like soo much fun. now im just putting together a list of all the upgrades i wanna do. anyone has any specific suggestions with links to them would be greatly appreciated. ill post my list when im done.

Thanks for the detailed break in chaos!!

T3X

Av990b

WT-990B CARBURETOR - 7499

HPI BAJA 5B/5T/5SC AIR FILTER - 3099

Af505

BLUR V2 QUICK RELEASE AIR FILTER SYSTEM – 6500

Af28x

OUTERWEARS AIR PRE-FILTER – 1350

Ht805

HITEC HS-805BB STEERING SERVO – 3999

Ht645

HITEC HS-645MG THROTTLE SERVO – 3149

Fd727b

TUNED PIPE BLACK - 17500

ITS ALL GOONA COST AROUND $475.00

and available from DDM. hopefully shipping to canada isnt horrible...

anything i missed or don't need??

Silent_chaos

T3X said:
the clutch spring alone or the full assembly?spring alone

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.61/.f

full assembly

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.60/.f

are those correct for what were talking about?
Yes. 2nd link. The full assembly.

Also. Check the lightened flyeheel, gives more responsivness to your engine:

http://www.davesmotors.com/Search-Page/?search=lightened%20flywheel

And ur kill switch

http://www.davesmotors.com/tr210.html

T3X

oh yea i was looking at that. thanks for the input. this damn hobby is so addictive and expensive. whhoaahhhh

Silent_chaos

T3X said:
oh yea i was looking at that. thanks for the input. this damn hobby is so addictive and expensive. whhoaahhhh
You might also need to upgrade your wheels/tires sometime soon for a better grip/traction.

most manufacturers have manufactured wheels/tires for Baja HPI.

you will be needing the adaptors in order to directly install them on your rampage:

http://www.rcpitstop.net/wheel-adapters.html

once installed, you will be able to fit almost all kinds of tires.

T3X

mmm i really like the stock tires but i will consider that in the future. so now for the most weirdest question of all. what tools would i need on a common basis so i know what to buy. links to some would help ty

T3X

yah i know that RCDAD lol. care to elaborate a little more?? lol sizes, brand, sets... i unno

T3X

all right lads. so ive gotten my beast and im about almost done tuning. although im running into an issue of when im driving and i decide to kinda punch it my engine just cuts off... my kill switch doesn't engage but engine wont start until i power down the servos and power them back on. ive richen the high needle to see if that would work and it has seem to help a bit not 100% sure. has anyone ever had this problem before? if so please do tell.

tyvm

G

The only thing I've experienced is a lag in acceleration when the carb is transitioning from low to high needle. This is topical with this carb.

T3X

so wat yur saying is that i should slowly increase speed with this carb and if i wanna drastically punch it i should upgrade my carb?

G

Not really. It's only a slight but noticeable lag. The Walbro 668 has it to. If you are stalling it is in the tuning.

G

It will be easier to tune on a stand. It won't stall out as easy.

T3X

Ok ill put it up on a stand tomorrow and tune it. Right now i got 1 1/4 on my low and 1 1/5 on my high. Hows that so far?

G

Good place to start. Maybe a tad lean on the high. Every carb is slightly different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts